question about 1966 Plymouth Valiant seats

-

bgoggans

Reaction score
Are the seats from any 1966 A body mopar car compatible with my '66 Valiant? I have a 4 door hartop, and found someone who has a great set of front bench and rear bench seats from a 1966 Dodge Dart, but I dont know if they are compatible. I don't care that the fabric may not be OEM exact for my make/model (not restoring to parts match, just as a nice dd). I just want to bolt it/hook it down properly (aka fit properly).

If both are 4 door. Rear bench from 2 door wont work in a 4 door.

The Valiant and Darts seats are identical except for the covrings but there are differences between 2 door, 4 door and convertible models.
A front bench seat will fit, but a two door or convertible front seat wil have the seat back that folds forward for rear seat entry.
The resr seats I think fit even between 2 & 4 doors but the lower cushion has rounded off corners on the 4 doors again for rear access. Now the convertible rear seat is much narrower than the sedan & hardtops.

Wonderful news! I was hoping for such information, but was not going to plunk down money only to find out I was wrong. The Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler Neon was the same way - even between the 1st and 2nd generation, so I was hoping that the earlier A body cars were that way too.

Also, I vaguely recall that all cars had holes for both bench or bucket seats. However, I don't recall that on my car (buckets), so maybe just bench cars had holes for a bucket upgrade.

To add confusion: I have a 1964 Valiant Convertible (split-bench) in front and a 1964 4-door Dart 270 backseat in my 1964 Dart GT. Both fit perfectly, but they are different material. (so I covered them with mexican blankets!)

-
Back