question about a 4 speed console

-

vadar

Reaction score
does anybody know if a stock 4 speed console from a 1966 barracuda will fit a 1965 barracuda 4 speed car looks like the drivers seat sits in quite a bit wasn't sure if the seats were different for the 66 with the console thanks

No,they are different. It may be possible to "make it fit" by getting all of the console brackets for 66-up and the shifter handle for 66-7 too. Don't quote me on that though

The 65 has wider seats.
I can't speak with 100% accuracy, but the hump is different between 65-66, as well as the shifter! Since the coffin style console didn't come out until 66, only someone who has actually done this would know for sure! I believe Chryslerfat is right also, the seats are not the same, and the tracks are different, I don't think there's accommodations for the console there! Although like Sedan says, it could probably be made to work by swapping the needed parts!!

No,they are different. It may be possible to "make it fit" by getting all of the console brackets for 66-up and the shifter handle for 66-7 too. Don't quote me on that though
thank you for the info I will start gathering some parts as I find them I like the looks of a factory console I am in no hurry I will try to get complete seat assembly with the tracks and all brackets will update once I start the project

65 and earlier is smaller. Do a site search for early a body 4 spd console and you should find pics

-
Back