question about trim for A-body windshield

-

dboldt

Douglas Boldt
Reaction score
Howdy folks!

My 67 barracuda is missing the front window trim. I found a few different people selling them, but I'm not sure what kind I need. It appears that I have a 68-69 style rubber window gasket. Can an expert confirm my suspicions?

800_00420454.jpg

Thanks!

I can't really tell anything from your picture. I your rubber has any remnants of a silver zip strip, then it's 67, as they only had the chrome corners. It's pretty obvious if it is the 67 trim missing the corners and silver insert. You probably have the later gasket since most guys replace it with that since it's easier to find trim.

That looks to be a 68 up self locking gasket (altho its unlocked in the pic ).
The stainless reveal mouldings can come from any a-body 68 through 76 except Duster/Demon, Dart Sport.
The problem I see is what I dont see...
are the retaining clips fr the mouldings there ? If not the window would need to come out to install them.

That looks to be a 68 up self locking gasket (altho its unlocked in the pic ).
The stainless reveal mouldings can come from any a-body 68 through 76 except Duster/Demon, Dart Sport.
The problem I see is what I dont see...
are the retaining clips fr the mouldings there ? If not the window would need to come out to install them.

Thank you so much for the help. I don't think there are any retaining clips. I just checked the perimeter of the window. Are they available reproduction anywhere? Again thanks! Wish I could send you +rep..

Yeah those clips can be found on ebay along with rtspecialties, year One, Laysons, etc.. They come with the screws from most suppliers
Its about impossible to install the clips without removing the glass and gasket. Vynil top installers will go to a lot of trouble to replace 1 or 2 broken clips but not all of them.
What do you have for a rear gasket and trim on your car ? Fastback or notchback coupe ?

The 67 window trim was a one year lockstrip channel. The trim slid into the gasket and then the four corners were added on. I just replaced the trim for my 67 Dart, and was lucky to find an NOS set on Ebay. After 67 they went to clips. Year One does sell it as well.

Here's some more pics.. It's a 67 Notch, but it sounds like the windshield was installed using a 68-69 style weatherstrip moulding.

2zqxw7l.jpg

1zqv5vp.jpg

2n9ap8m.jpg

and the rear window is also without trim... :(

2yzdboo.jpg

2q22ude.jpg

that rear window gasket looks like 68 self locking too.
The correct 67 gaskets fill up the gutter much more while those gaskets you have leave space for clips and trim.

Pretty sure that is not a 67 gasket. A 67 gasket is basically open down the center, i think you are correct with that being a 68 or 69 gasket.

-
Back