Question @ Fender to Body Gasket

-

Mo'powr340

Reaction score
The fenders were removed by someone else, then the car (69 Dart Swinger) went to the paint shop.
I bought new metal splash shields and rubber gaskets that go behind both front wheels. At the same time a "C" shaped gasket was listed as a "fender to body gasket" and as a part I needed. The question is where the heck does this gasket go?
Thanks.

The fenders were removed by someone else, then the car (69 Dart Swinger) went to the paint shop.
I bought new metal splash shields and rubber gaskets that go behind both front wheels. At the same time a "C" shaped gasket was listed as a "fender to body gasket" and as a part I needed. The question is where the heck does this gasket go?
Thanks.
there two gasket a pair of flat 1/8 inch that have holes that match the ones on the splash shields. the other gasket comes in one piece for both sides you have to cut to fit.the splash shield bolt on to the fire wall and the gasket goes between the splash shield and the fender...you also have to punch holes to mount the gasket to the splash with the clips.

Thanks.

Can't say for sure what you are looking at, but there is a gasket that goes inside the front of the fender to seal the side behind the headlight.

Thanks.
the ones for in front of the fender by lights are a no brainer holes are punched you just need to line em up and push the clips in

splash 1.jpg

splash 2.jpg

Thanks.
can you post pictures of the pieces in question so we can get a good handle on what you're up against?

there two gasket a pair of flat 1/8 inch that have holes that match the ones on the splash shields. the other gasket comes in one piece for both sides you have to cut to fit.the splash shield bolt on to the fire wall and the gasket goes between the splash shield and the fender...you also have to punch holes to mount the gasket to the splash with the clips.

inner fender.jpg

sorry I deleted the pics that I had on the bench, they showed exactly what your looking for...

-
Back