Question for body guys here about paint..

-
$50 in under hood paint job....rustoleum with 2k clear coat....

20220713_163228.jpg

20220627_163053.jpg

You might try Easy Off oven cleaner on the grime that won't come off. Let it soak a while, then hit it with a pressure washer. If you haven't watched any You Tube videos from Paint Society, check it out. Brians channel is my favorite to learn paint stuff. I'd rather have a root canal than watch Bad Chad!

You might try Easy Off oven cleaner on the grime that won't come off. Let it soak a while, then hit it with a pressure washer. If you haven't watched any You Tube videos from Paint Society, check it out. Brians channel is my favorite to learn paint stuff. I'd rather have a root canal than watch Bad Chad!
Yeah, cars in the garage, can't pressure wash.. gonna try some scotchbrite pads and degreaser when they show up tonight.. no big deal, just need to get some elbow grease goin :)

Maybe some full-strength Simple Green with a red scotch pad for degreasing.
yeah.. i bought some stuff called Grez away or gone or something like that.. i will try it first and go from there.. luckily not in a big rush

yeah.. figuring which thinner to get or if i can get away with laquer thinner.. this price tag is getting up there already :)

Also deciding on duraglas or bondo glass for some filler work i need to do.. also getting plastic thinner to spread it much easier.
Go to th TECH sheet for whatever you are shooting, be it single stage uethane, any primer, read what IT says. I t is important!
MY supply to paint any car in general is epoxy primer, Epoxy primer REDUCED for sealer, correct reducers for all products, ( reducer temp is highly important), all required activators for each product, high build urethane primer, laquer thinner to lean guns, tape, paper, tack clothes, GOOD Filler. all assorted sand papers (a bunch) for blocking , paper for all sanding devices!!!!! the list is long, but your labor hours will be longer. I am assuming your are doing the whole car.

Note: That little filter in the HVLP gun,take it out when shoorting thick primer!

Go to th TECH sheet for whatever you are shooting, be it single stage uethane, any primer, read what IT says. I t is important!
MY supply to paint any car in general is epoxy primer, Epoxy primer REDUCED for sealer, correct reducers for all products, ( reducer temp is highly important), all required activators for each product, high build urethane primer, laquer thinner to lean guns, tape, paper, tack clothes, GOOD Filler. all assorted sand papers (a bunch) for blocking , paper for all sanding devices!!!!! the list is long, but your labor hours will be longer. I am assuming your are doing the whole car.

Note: That little filter in the HVLP gun,take it out when shoorting thick primer!
No, just the eginebay and gonna try to match in the patches i did on the quarters, i will never paint the car as i don't want to try to any of the rear window trim off... if that window breaks the car is scrap.. plus the original paint is in really good shape :)

Icetech
Did you get that paint gun yet.??.
If so how is it . I was thinking of getting one also, but havn't pulled the plug yet. I'm curios about it.
When I pull the /6, from my 66 B-Cuda i'm going to shoot my engine bay also. it looks a lot worse than yours.
Post some pics when you get it.

Dave

Icetech
Did you get that paint gun yet.??.
If so how is it . I was thinking of getting one also, but havn't pulled the plug yet. I'm curios about it.
When I pull the /6, from my 66 B-Cuda i'm going to shoot my engine bay also. it looks a lot worse than yours.
Post some pics when you get it.

Dave
It's gonna be here tomorrow, i won't be shooting primer for at least a week though.. maybe more.. gonna take awhile to clean up and prep it.. i am only working 1-2 hours a night.. don't wanna burn out :) i'm excited though.. gonna look good. I read a lot of reviews bout guns and the one i got seems bout the best deal for a actual good gun you can keep for a long time

Yeah..there are a few guys i watch on youtube that paint.. one yells at the camera which is annoying but has been doing it like 40 years and gives good advice
My friend Pete is awesome I love the cussing and swearing but realize I'm a weirdo...I've also spent time(20 plus years) in the auto business and the cussing just goes along with it...you come to hate people and you get to where you just don't want to hear about their car troubles and you say "bring it by the shop..." that shuts 'em up cause then they realize they rent getting it for free...:)

-
Back