question will a 28x9 radial slick

-
ould thinkn ud have problems w/ the front edge of the wheel well.
fit under a stock un-cut 67 cuda wheel well?
I `d think there wouild be a problem at the front edge of the wheel well.

Yes, I've run those on a 15 x 7 wheel on an uncut '67 Barracuda. Rear spacing at 3 7/8 wasn't ideal on these rims, I could have tucked them under the car better with more. I think a 15 x 8 with about 5" back space would have been perfect.

Plus...I used a regular slick that grew a little at speed, never hit the front corner. Radial slick won't grow nearly as much.

1511.jpg

Last edited:
Your rear almost looks like it's slid forward a little.
that pretty much looks like mine did. I made a termplate of the orig. curvature and cut the turn in off , then rolled the left over metal in to the inner fender panel keeping the exact curve. Came out real well, but I did it before paint job. got 295 65 16 drag radilals on it w/ 3/4" offset hangars.

Their not slicks but I had 28" tall 10" wide ET streets on mine and they cleared. Not a bunch mind you, but they never contacted the opening. Backspacing on my wheels was 4"

remember, the more h.p. and rpm u put to those rear drag tires, the more they grow to a certain point. I ur car is not a beast u probly can get by. put 750 h.p. and 538 gears in it and they`ll grow a bunch.

still don`t believe a 28" tall tire , 9" wide will go into a bone stock wheel well on a 68 fish w/o raising it up.
Mine did Bob and they were 10" wide. Not much clearance but they never rubbed. Car isn't jacked up either. In fact i'm running 1" drop Calvert racing springs

Mine did Bob and they were 10" wide. Not much clearance but they never rubbed. Car isn't jacked up either. In fact i'm running 1" drop Calvert racing springs

The reason I asked, is the build is going to be a stock eliminator running in N/SA. It will have the 318 2 barrel as its power source. i will be getting the calvert springs later.

they sure wouldn`t on my 68 fastback, but it`ll take 29.5 tall now.

Would you consider the car in your avatar picture not jacked up?
The one in my avatar is sitting on superstock springs and definately is "Jacked up" it also has 29" drag radials on it. I have run Mickey Thompson 28x9 Slicks on several previous 67-69 Barracudas with stock springs/ride height with no problem.

-
Back