Quick Ignition Question.

-

Gandy Dancer

Reaction score
Hello FABO - I have just completed re installing my 318 and a 727. When I removed everything I marked all of the ignition wires. When I put everything back the way I thought they were supposed to be the motor would not fire. SYMPTOM: As soon as I turn the key I get a spark. As the starter is turning the motor, I get no spark.
As soon as I let off of the key it sparks again.

Its the strangest t hing I have, and I have a feeling I have a wire backwards in the hook up somewhere. I have Mopar electronic ignition with an MSD Blaster 2 coil and an original distributor and cap, with new plug wires.

Thanks for your help!!

Hello FABO - I have just completed re installing my 318 and a 727. When I removed everything I marked all of the ignition wires. When I put everything back the way I thought they were supposed to be the motor would not fire. SYMPTOM: As soon as I turn the key I get a spark. As the starter is turning the motor, I get no spark.
As soon as I let off of the key it sparks again.

Its the strangest t hing I have, and I have a feeling I have a wire backwards in the hook up somewhere. I have Mopar electronic ignition with an MSD Blaster 2 coil and an original distributor and cap, with new plug wires.

Thanks for your help!!
^That or your ballast resistor is failed.

Yep. 2 ignition wires, a blue and a brown. When one fails and other works you can get 1 spark as the key returns from start to run.

If it helps.........
Ignition1.gif
IMGP4783.gif

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. @DaveS 69, I appreciate the illustration with the wire colors noted. I am going to re-wire my system to see if I can get it to hit for me. I'll check back with a status update.

-
Back