Quick nitrous fuel pressure question

-

340Duster247

Reaction score
Just a quick question. Ill be plumbing my nitrous system this spring and was just curious what my fuel pressure should be regulated at going into my nitrous fuel solinoid.

Ill be running a 100 shot on a plate.

Another question, how come I notice some have a one regualtor for both the nitrous and the carb. And others (like ill be doing) have one regulator for carb. And one for solinoid.

Is it safe to only have one regulator for both?

it should be between 5-6lbs. the smaller hp loads can get away with one regulator but as you start to go up in hp you need to go with a complete stand alone fuel system.

you really should get a flow fixture /or make one..and set the no2 fuel pressure. activate the fuel solenoid ..flowing through the fuel jet you will be using.
.i like between 6-7 for a base.
flow fuel through the jet into a bucket and adjust the psi flowing..
some flow it through the plate itself (removed from the intake of course) into a bucket.

good advice cheap.
I made my flowing tool with a 3' length of #3an hose, a 3#an-1/8"npt, and nos jet holder( it's basically a #3an to 1/8"npt with the tip cut off the an side and the hole counter sunk a tad. put a rag over the can so it doesn't splash.

Flow it through the regulator with a whip and an .073 jet at 5.5lbs. This is what all of the Induction Solutions, Monte Smith, etc flow tools do. I know, I have one and use it often. You need to have an accurate gauge for this!! At that low of pressure an 1/8 npt gauge will be off by over half a pound according to the kits I've corrected that were set off of one of the small gauges.
Dylan

I would suggest a stand alone fuel system for the NOS. A cell, filter pump and filter on the NOS side as well. My 10.5 Chevelle had 2 kits and 4 stages on it and I will be the first to say keep it all clean.. Are you using out of the box stuff or did you send the solenoids off and have them flowed? The reason I ask this is you will become a junky real soon and that 100 shot will get old...

I always ran the system seperate.. Carb liked more pressure than the solenoids did and mine was happy at 6psi.. But I had some very big shots on my car.

Mine is just a little out of the box NOS 100-150 shot. Using a wot switch and fuel pressure safety switch. Not gonna go any bigger then that because the engine isn't built for to much more then that ( hypo) pistons.
Was just curious on what psi would be safe to run on the regulator for fuel going into the fuel solinoid.
Thanks for all the replys

Make sure the nitrous kit has it's own regulator. Standard Holley is best. Have fun! Come back when you wanna shoot more :)

Mine is just a little out of the box NOS 100-150 shot. Using a wot switch and fuel pressure safety switch. Not gonna go any bigger then that because the engine isn't built for to much more then that ( hypo) pistons.

That's what I said, at first. Now spraying about 225 shot on a bone stock short block 170 CID slant six. All throttle-no bottle? Hell, I'm all bottle-NO throttle. High 17's in the 1/4 on motor, and high 12's on bottle. :burnout:

Flow it through the regulator with a whip and an .073 jet at 5.5lbs. This is what all of the Induction Solutions, Monte Smith, etc flow tools do. I know, I have one and use it often. You need to have an accurate gauge for this!! At that low of pressure an 1/8 npt gauge will be off by over half a pound according to the kits I've corrected that were set off of one of the small gauges.
Dylan

You have the IS tool?

not sure if you street driving your car alot or not.
but i run colder plugs when i run no2 ..even at the 150 shot.
i also want to correct what i stated was my fuel pressure...just looked over the notes
i regulate flowing fuel pressure to 5,5 lbs..on the no2 side of the system
6-7 was carb regulator.
...(Monte Smith set me up yrs back)

id say adequate ring gap, the proper timing..spark plugs are important to a safe basic combination...

to dispell some rumors...not to side track but ive run 250 shots on my hyper eutectic pistons... probably have 400 passes on hypers at 175 shot...fwiw..

if your making a tool...for fuel side....if i recall correctly...i made my jet holding tool
by taking a flare nut fitting off of the brake master cylinder ..(the male fitting that attaches the hard brake lines on mopar brake master cyl. ) i had a left over/extra fitting .that fitting will accept the no2 fuel pill and it will thread onto the braided fuel supply line that normally attaches to your no2 plate.
I took some standard hard brake line ...made me about a 24" long piece/section.
I flared the end .then slid the male fitting over it... then inserted the no2 fuel pill into this fitting then attached the braided fuel supply line to it..tightend it and held/aimed this at my fuel can...activated the fuel system and then adjusted the fuel side regulator to 5.5 lbs while flowing fuel back into my fuel can.....simple enough..
once set ..you remove the fixture assy tool from the braided fuel line
take the no2 fuel pill out then re insert it back into your plate under the carb....then re attach your fuel line back to your no2 plate..then tighten it.
need to do this any time you change your fuel side pill ...up or down...to make sure your at the base 5.5 lb flowing fuel pressure..fwiw..
i can take a picture of it...i keep it in my tool box at the track...simple safe and cost next to nothing....

-
Back