r 3 combo help

-

ian

Reaction score
can i get some info on this r3 block p4532907,will my indy cnc 245 ,go on r3 48 degree block with machining more room on the pushrod slots ,can i turn down my scat 4340 360 jernal size to run in it what cubes piston/rods would be best with this combo i will tit it with 200-300 of gas are they easy to covert to wet oil system thanks

The Indy heads can be machined to work on the 48 degree block. For the crank I believe you would need to have the journals hardened after the machining. I would check with a good machine shop or crank producer to be sure. Check the cost of the required steps vs. a new crank.

The Indy heads can be machined to work on the 48 degree block. For the crank I believe you would need to have the journals hardened after the machining. I would check with a good machine shop or crank producer to be sure. Check the cost of the required steps vs. a new crank.
thanks i will ,what intake to run with the indys and 48 deg
ree block

It depends which version of the heads you have - square port or round. The Indy single plane manifold for this head is good and will match the RPM capability they offer. If you have the oval port any W2 manifold would bolt up as well I believe.

It depends which version of the heads you have - square port or round. The Indy single plane manifold for this head is good and will match the RPM capability they offer. If you have the oval port any W2 manifold would bolt up as well I believe.

heads are rectangle ports cnc version , i have indy intake not sure if i will need to machine it for the race block they normally run a bolt in valley
cover

The bolt holes in the valley rail are for valley pans. You do not have to run a bolt.

You can convert the block to wet internal pump. A rear main cap and a blueprint to know where and how deep to dril. I wouldn't. Just buy a belt driven pump and never look back. You still use a wet sump just have to ad a fitting to the pan to draw from. I personally use a SCP pump. Made a block that fastens to the engine block with countersunk bolts. Then has two threaded holes to mount the SCR bracket to.

May be selling the pump and mounts.

can i get some info on this r3 block p4532907,will my indy cnc 245 ,go on r3 48 degree block with machining more room on the pushrod slots ,can i turn down my scat 4340 360 jernal size to run in it what cubes piston/rods would be best with this combo i will tit it with 200-300 of gas are they easy to covert to wet oil system thanks

Do you have theses parts already?I would sell the 360 journal crank and buy the 318-340 journal you will be farther ahead.

Attachments

• 109-0962_IMG.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 253
Do you have theses parts already?I would sell the 360 journal crank and buy the 318-340 journal you will be farther ahead.

yes i have a complete 360 std 59 degree with indys on it and 200 shot in it makin close to 750-800 hp so i think i better step it up lol and the r3 was givin to me with 3 60 mm roller cams hope i can get it to work cheap lol

Ian, you are probably going to have to adapt a Mopar 598, 598AB or 420 intake to fit your heads. It have been done before and shouldn't be too difficult. It will require redrilling the intake face mounting holes and more than likely a skim of the manifold. The cams you got off Craig will be Comp Eliminator cams and will be hard on the valve train. They will also most likefully have a lobe separation between around 112-115 degrees. The lobes will also be quite agressive, my camshaft door stop has a 0.488" lobe with [email protected]" and it's a "moderate" comp style lobe. It requires around 370-400lbs of seat pressure and around 1150lbs open. As you can imagine, not something you'll street drive!
Take the three cams down to Wade or Clive Cams and see what they can do with them for you.
As Leon suggested, go with the external pump, it's a better system and you probably have the same money tied up converting the block to a conventional wet sump system.
Have you established what the Deck Height, Bore size and main journal size is exactly as yet?

-
Back