r154 to hemi

-
Buschi according to you measurements if you subtract the total length from the depth of the inner bore (hole for input shaft) you get 8mm. converted to SAE .314 inch. I thought the input shaft was .500 inch shorter? Plus you have chamfered the end pretty good on the adapter, so how much material is contacting the pilot bearing?

Buschi this was not in anyway to be interpeted as i'm doubting you. I hope you didn't feel that way. I just want to be a hundred percent sure of the sizing before I make one up. I don't have a r154 yet to reference the sizing to, i'm still in the hunt for one, but I have a machinist that can make the adapter for me before he leaves in a month to go on a trip for the summer! I hope to have a R154 in the near future.

i did a typo hahaha length over all is 30mm. Hole is 20mm. So the shaft is lenghten about 10 mm. Thats just enough to go into the pilot bearing. Remember, the bearing I used is not that deep in the crankshaft than the original bushing. It is where the converter goes in.
But to get sure you should measure at your engine / trannybellhousing. Selfmade stuff can always differ a bit.
Yes, I heated it up until it was glowing and put it on the shaft. It should slight easily.
I attached the sketch I made back in the days. Note the small hole I drilled to let the air out when putting on the shaft....

Attachments

• adapter toyo getriebe zu mopar v8 sb.pdf.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 185
-
Back