Race-gas

-

423dak

Reaction score
http://race-gas.com/

Has anyone heard of this or tried it? I am building a new engine and I'm looking for a cheaper way to obtain octane

Never heard of it, but am VERY interested to see if it works. They have a dealer in Quebec!

Cool, I missed that. I see you are in Moncton. I am just down the road near Sussex.

I tried to find the mixing ratios to see how it compared to $10.00/gallon VP 104.

Can't find it on the site....anyone else know?

best racing gas...E85 105 octane...paid 3.51 a gallon last weekend.

Yes. But E85 is not available up here in the Great white North

Never heard of it, but am VERY interested to see if it works. They have a dealer in Quebec!

do you have an addy for quebec I did not see one on the website just u.s dealers its cheap enough to give it a try

Until I see a actual chemical listing & breakdown,I don't trust it......

An extra $30 per 4 gallons? Good idea but damn!

After doing some calculations it looks like its slightly cheaper than using pre-manufactured race gas up to 104 octane. The bonus is you don't have to carry 5 gallon gas containers with you anymore and you can conveniently have race gas anywhere you want.

I'm getting a can today.

After doing some calculations it looks like its slightly cheaper than using pre-manufactured race gas up to 104 octane. The bonus is you don't have to carry 5 gallon gas containers with you anymore and you can conveniently have race gas anywhere you want.

I'm getting a can today.

Wow, at an extra $30 per 4 gallons, it's still cheaper than regular race fuel where you're at? I can go up to the local speedway and get 110 and 112 Sunoco for $8.00/8.50 per gallon. The way I'm looking at it, add $7.50 per gallon on top of what you're already paying for fuel for the Race-Gas. Around here, that's going to end up being around $11-$12 per gallon. BUT, I can see where the Race-Gas would be much handier to deal with. That's one thing I hated when I had to run race fuel was having to take (3) 5 gallons cans to the speedway to get fuel. For something I just ran around town, it was expensive and a PITA. So I guess my dilema would be whether or not paying the extra money for Race-Gas would be worth not having to mess with gas cans anymore.

BUT, one advantage of the "good stuff" like Sunoco 110 is the added lead, which will help valves and seats survive 7,000 RPM red-lines!

That is all I run in my fish.

LOL I get the vibe only half of you actually need this product, but a man's gotta boast! Big racer, comin thru! :supz:

Build your car to run on pump gas and you do not have to deal with all the extra trouble or cost. Then if you want to run a little faster you can run E-85. I just run pump gas. It is not worth the extra trouble or cost to me any more. I used to have a car that had to use race gas.

I called them yesterday and had a long and educating conversation with one of the owners named Mark. He said they are making good numbers on the dyno on 11:1 to 12:1 compression engines using just 4 ounces to a gallon. They dyno test this stuff and race with it so they have tons of experience and have gone through many blends before they landed on this one.

The mixing chart they show is not correct as they have been testing since they posted that.

The reason they invented it was due to inconsistencies of the octane in VP, Sunoco, etc race fuel. They were damaging their race engines so they said enough there has to be a better way.

No lead yet but not needed if you have hardened seats. Like the man earlier said. The bonus is being able to always have race gas available to you. I like to take my fat fish on long drives but always had to limit myself due to not being able nor wanting to carry 5 gallon cans of fuel in my car.

It only takes $3.75 (4 oz) worth of this to $3.50 (1 gal) worth of 91 octane to get 100+ octane fuel. That's $7.25/gallon which is cheaper than VP around here. Those are the words of their chemist not mine.

So I bought some and I will use my fatty as the test mule. I think what they have is what I have been looking for and I'm sure there are others here that will feel the same way.

As for the "build your engine to run on pump gas/ethanol" crowd....it's a little late for those wise words but thanks for the advise.....for the next engine that is.

Build your car to run on pump gas and you do not have to deal with all the extra trouble or cost. Then if you want to run a little faster you can run E-85. I just run pump gas. It is not worth the extra trouble or cost to me any more. I used to have a car that had to use race gas.

That's all good if you haven't built the engine already. Most guys are going to avoid taking an engine out to rebuild it just to run pump gas. Or having to modify the fuel system to run E85 isn't appealing and the availability isn't the greatest . My motor was just under 14:1 when I bought it and wasn't going to tear it down unless I absolutely had to. I was planning on running E85 because it is available here and I had to redo my fuel system anyhow. But things went south and I had to rebuild it. I was running Sunoco 112, made a hard run on it one day and my plugs showed that I was detonating for some reason. Whether it was the fuel, too hot of plug, carb issue, I'm not sure. It shouldn't have been doing that but it smoked after that day and I knew something went wrong. Turned out my rings ended up getting trashed. So in the rebuild, I wanted the option of pump gas so I ended up ordering a custom set of pistons with a -25cc reverse dome just to get it down to 11:1 where I could run pump gas if I wanted to. But most guys don't have the option of a motor rebuild so this stuff just may be the ticket.

I called them yesterday and had a long and educating conversation with one of the owners named Mark. He said they are making good numbers on the dyno on 11:1 to 12:1 compression engines using just 4 ounces to a gallon. They dyno test this stuff and race with it so they have tons of experience and have gone through many blends before they landed on this one.

The mixing chart they show is not correct as they have been testing since they posted that.

The reason they invented it was due to inconsistencies of the octane in VP, Sunoco, etc race fuel. They were damaging their race engines so they said enough there has to be a better way.

No lead yet but not needed if you have hardened seats. Like the man earlier said. The bonus is being able to always have race gas available to you. I like to take my fat fish on long drives but always had to limit myself due to not being able nor wanting to carry 5 gallon cans of fuel in my car.

It only takes $3.75 (4 oz) worth of this to $3.50 (1 gal) worth of 91 octane to get 100+ octane fuel. That's $7.25/gallon which is cheaper than VP around here. Those are the words of their chemist not mine.

So I bought some and I will use my fatty as the test mule. I think what they have is what I have been looking for and I'm sure there are others here that will feel the same way.

As for the "build your engine to run on pump gas/ethanol" crowd....it's a little late for those wise words but thanks for the advise.....for the next engine that is.

You'll have to let us know how it works out!

I've used 104+ for almost 30 years and have found it comparable to the racing gas I was buying locally.

There is a speedway station near the indy speedrome that sells racing gas along with a couple of stations in Clermont Indiana who sell it to the guys going to Indianapolis raceway park "Lucas Raceway' and I have tried them all

-
Back