racing fuel vs 93 pump gas

-

racing340

Reaction score
got a 340 9.5 to 1 comp was gonna mix racing fuel with 93 pump gas any whats yals thoughts? would it make any difference racing it? thanks

unless its the smell your after I never seen a deference in the times but it did start better I say take that extra money and buy a stake dinner.unless you do a different tune up.for the better fuel.............Artie

Honestly, it shouldn't make much difference, if any at all. Racing fuel is for high compression motors that could possibly ignite pump gas before the spark goes off. Racing fuel resists that. With your compression, pump gas is the way to go. No need to waste your money. Save money for upgrades instead of fuel.

If you don't detonate on 93, the ONLY thing you are getting by mixing race gas is a thinner wallet.

The running better feeling you get is all in your head.

If you don't detonate on 93, the ONLY thing you are getting by mixing race gas is a thinner wallet.

The running better feeling you get is all in your head.

Two points here...............the SMELL , Man !
Perfume to me. :D

And I agree........the seat of the pants feel is not a real solid indicator of performance.
You can get by on pump 93 unless you are running insane timing in your car.
The price difference used to be a cheeseburger , but it is definitely in steak dinner territory now.
If you need the smell , a gallon of 110 in 5 gallons of 89 will do it.
It isn't eye watering , but it is there..........and that was last years gas.
But cutting the lawn was never as much fun ! :D:D

Race fuel won't make any difference with your compression ratio.

Race fuel won't make any difference with your compression ratio.

I disagree, i have a 9.4:1 compression 340 and at the track, on a hot summer day, it would start to ping at the 1000 foot mark and go nuts by the 1/4 mile.

And thats with 91 octane, as high as you can get around here.

4400 feet elevation race track.
It only took one gal of 110 to a half a tank of 91 to rid the ping.

Cam and ign time take a hand in answering this question as well!
MP .474 280 cam, advance 4* and 36* total ign timing.

At 7000 feet above sea level, were i live now, I never need anything but 91 Pump Gas.

I disagree, i have a 9.4:1 compression 340 and at the track, on a hot summer day, it would start to ping at the 1000 foot mark and go nuts by the 1/4 mile.

And thats with 91 octane, as high as you can get around here.

4400 feet elevation race track.
It only took one gal of 110 to a half a tank of 91 to rid the ping.

Cam and ign time take a hand in answering this question as well!
MP .474 280 cam, advance 4* and 36* total ign timing.

At 7000 feet above sea level, were i live now, I never need anything but 91 Pump Gas.

Well, you have a totally different situation. You DID have detonation, so for you, the race fuel would help.

You only need a high enough octane rating to prevent detonation.

wouldn't it be simple to make a couple of passes...then add a couple gallons of the racing gas and then make a couple of passes and see if there is a performance improvement....

-
Back