Radiator frame fix

-

DartVadar

Reaction score
I'm wondering what the best approach is to fix the tabs or frame that mounts the radiator to the car. Not the screws that attach the rad, as those are fine but the physical case around the radiator that then screws to the rad. When I was taking it out for the motor pull I noticed that only one side on the top and bottom was actually attached to the radiator. It looks like the factory used a sort of glue or something. Can I just spot weld it back on? What is the correct way to do this?

I think the piece you are talking about is soldered on. Needs to be done by a radiator shop unless you are good with large part soldering which requires a torch.

I think this is common on early Mopars. We just pulled the radiator out of a friends 66 Dodge and the side panels all but fell off. It was solder under them. Dennis

I think the piece you are talking about is soldered on. Needs to be done by a radiator shop unless you are good with large part soldering which requires a torch.

I think this is common on early Mopars. We just pulled the radiator out of a friends 66 Dodge and the side panels all but fell off. It was solder under them. Dennis

Yep...and if it is falling apart probably be best to just replace it....

Took it into a rad shop, they are going to solder everything back together and just check it out in general.

Thanks

-
Back