Radiator Hose Help

-

olddman

Reaction score
I am hoping that someone out there can help me out again!! Have a 1965 Dart GT with a Charger 273. Need to replace the radiator hoses, but having trouble finding the upper hose. Does anyone have a brand and part number for the upper radiator hose. The hose that is on it now has a ninety degree angle right off the thermostat housing and then you have to angle it over to the radiator inlet. Radiator inlet is offset to the drivers side, thermostat outlet is straight neck. Seems like there should be another angle to the hose so that it would fit better. Just does not look right when you have to force a bend in molded hose. Thought about a flex hose, but would like to use the correct one. Any help with this is appreciated.

You have the wrong thermostat housing, it should be 45 degree, not straight. You can find molded hoses that will fit from lots of places although they are cut-to-fit. None of them account for the 1 or 2 inch offset but if you fuss a bit you can make them look pretty good. Only possible solution if you need perfect is to find NOS or some really old NORS. I went through this 5 years or so ago, some guy in Australia had a few but it just wasn't worth the hassle for me. No one made repros at the time but haven't checked lately.

Does your car have factory A/C? For these cars, the thermostat housing outlet pointed toward the driver side valve cover because of the compressor. I think Rock Auto listed this molded hose, but it doesn't fit well.
There should be no problems getting a non A/C hose from most vendors.

I am hoping that someone out there can help me out again!! Have a 1965 Dart GT with a Charger 273. Need to replace the radiator hoses, but having trouble finding the upper hose. Does anyone have a brand and part number for the upper radiator hose. The hose that is on it now has a ninety degree angle right off the thermostat housing and then you have to angle it over to the radiator inlet. Radiator inlet is offset to the drivers side, thermostat outlet is straight neck. Seems like there should be another angle to the hose so that it would fit better. Just does not look right when you have to force a bend in molded hose. Thought about a flex hose, but would like to use the correct one. Any help with this is appreciated.

Does It look like this ?????

Attachments

• 100_7803.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 283
Have not been able to get back to forum, wife had an operation and have been taking care of her. As to picture, that looks like the hose that I need. Do you have a part number?

come to think of it, I have had ugly flex hoses on every (5) small block I ever ran. how about a silicone 90 elbow off the stat and then run a straight hose off the radiator and connect them? Those flex hoses are ghetto. Or of course get the correct (H0060878 ) http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Mopar-H0060878-Radiator-Hose-/351257125891 or something close and cut it to fit.

This is what I did. Was not easy. SBC housing using mopar thermostat.

Attachments

• 094.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 222
Depends on an AC compressor and where the top tube is on the radiator. Hot rodders fit just about anything using the long, bendy & cheap 1.5"D upper hose for a Ford F-150 and intermediate aluminum splice that lets them cut and rotate it, plus add a temperature gage, debris screen, ....

The original radiator would have only been slightly off set as per Mopar Tim photo. It is only slightly off set (2.5") from the center of the cap to the center of the hose. The housing for the thermostat looks to be tilted about 20 degrees straight forward.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 182
Here is the D Dart set up with a similar set up from a magazine photo showing the slight off set.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 175
Just want to thank everyone for their help once again. Went to parts house and after several tries, I got a radiator hose that fits pretty good. No leaks and doesn't look bad either.

Since you have the straight thermostat housing, a Goodyear 60661 will fit perfectly. This is a 67-69 A body upper AC hose. A 60666 is for without AC, But it doesn't seem to be available thru RockAuto. I have a couple of the 60666's if you would want one. PM me with your phone number if you are interested. The 60661 you can get from RockAuto under 68 Dart with a 340 with AC, it will be listed under Continental/Goodyear.

-
Back