Radiator

-

Nihms

Reaction score
I have a 67 cuda (was orig a 273 car) Putting a 360 in it and the water pump exits on the passenger side instead. What radiator am I looking for since 67 always show the lower hose on the driver side.

Thanks!

Or you could swap out the 67 style timing cover, waterpump and use your existing rad and front accessory brakets

Might have to make a new timing mark on the 360 balancer

Think it's 70 and up. You should be able to look at the years of applications on the radiators...
^This. Its how I have my 69 set up but you need the 70-up water pump. timing cover, pulley's etc.

Got any pics of what Blueprint sends?

I have a 67 cuda (was orig a 273 car) Putting a 360 in it and the water pump exits on the passenger side instead. What radiator am I looking for since 67 always show the lower hose on the driver side.

Thanks!

^This. Its how I have my 69 set up but you need the 70-up water pump. timing cover, pulley's etc.

Got any pics of what Blueprint sends?
Glad I stumbled on this one. Nihms, was the fully dressed, with pulleys, the version you got?

I think the path of least resistance is a new radiator. You will want good cooling anyways for the new Power plant. 1970 + radiators do have the outlet on the passenger side, and different timing cover that your original engine had.

Regardless I think the right answer opposed to buying a "1970 radiator" is to call a reputable company (I prefer griffin) that can make one specific to your needs, and will be a direct bolt in.

I don't know if you went with something more like a champion, if say a 71 radiator would need the mounting bracket, or holes, modified. I imagine any A body radiator can be made to fit, but I can't speak to if earlier cudas have the same core support holes, etc. Or if something like factory AC made anything weird.

Lands me back to calling a company like griffin that will have those answers, AND get you an awesome unit that will cool that monster excellent!

My griffin equipped dart with 600+ hp, I street drive, and barely even turn the fan on.

Screenshot_20221211-204827_Chrome.jpg

I think that you are going to have clearance issues.

Glad I stumbled on this one. Nihms, was the fully dressed, with pulleys, the version you got?

I think the path of least resistance is a new radiator. You will want good cooling anyways for the new Power plant. 1970 + radiators do have the outlet on the passenger side, and different timing cover that your original engine had.

Regardless I think the right answer opposed to buying a "1970 radiator" is to call a reputable company (I prefer griffin) that can make one specific to your needs, and will be a direct bolt in.

I don't know if you went with something more like a champion, if say a 71 radiator would need the mounting bracket, or holes, modified. I imagine any A body radiator can be made to fit, but I can't speak to if earlier cudas have the same core support holes, etc. Or if something like factory AC made anything weird.

Lands me back to calling a company like griffin that will have those answers, AND get you an awesome unit that will cool that monster excellent!

My griffin equipped dart with 600+ hp, I street drive, and barely even turn the fan on.

View attachment 1716021221
I actually went with the mid dressed 375hp one (they didn't offer a full) But I bought the pulley set up from Blueprint for the motor. I'm replacing the radiator and the gas tank and lines. I want new flowing in and out of the motor. I will give Griffen a call, another suggested Be Cool as well. Thank you!

@ColdCaseJoe is a vendor/site sponsor here. Not going against John's recommendations, just putting another option out there.
I actually went with the mid dressed 375hp one (they didn't offer a full) But I bought the pulley set up from Blueprint for the motor. I'm replacing the radiator and the gas tank and lines. I want new flowing in and out of the motor. I will give Griffen a call, another suggested Be Cool as well. Thank you!

-
Back