raining inside and out

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
I got caught in the rain today and I noticed it was raining inside the car aswel...water was dripping down the dash onto the floor board

now, I seem to remember there being some drain plugs in the cowl somewhere which can cause this issue when they get plugged up and don't allow the water to evacuate as they should

correct?

where are those pluggies?

The drain plugs on my 65 barracuda are very visible on the cowl area. The place that gets stopped up are behind the fender and are part of the cowl. I pulled the plugs on mine and used air pressure to get everything out I could. I eventually removed the fenders for a restoration.
Good luck

I found two drain holes hidden behind the hood hinges, about an inch round

not a ton of room behind there, ill see if I can blow that out and all be well :)

Wishing you the best. I removed the rubber plug and used compressed air, but I also have the heater core and all removed as well

I don't think my heater core is removed...but I know it isn't hooked up

and the rubber plugs are MIA aswell

I used a towel and wrapped it around the air nozzle to make a tight fit, but then realized I could work it around and blow more trash out.

what I am thinking of doing is attaching 3 to 4 foot of hose to an airnozzle, snaking that in through the cowl and blow it out that way

I will have to buy a new airnozzle though, since the one I have is a cheap chinesium unit with the adapter pressed into the body and it popped out not too long ago

That will work. If you get to the drain area you can use a coat hanger and go from the bottom if it is clogged really tight.

If it wasn't dripping out of one of your vent boxes it wasn't the cowl drains being plugged but somewhere else. (like window gasket or welded seams)
Also for cleaning, the cowl can be rinsed out just by letting a garden hose flow down into it from in front of the windshield, and the drains cleared while the water rinses it out.

Thanks guys...I'll have a closer look at all the other suspect areas tomorrow

-
Back