Rally Wheel Questions-Noob

-

kcoyle

Reaction score
I am trying to upgrade my 65 barracuda's SBP 13 inch rims (LH/RH lugs) to some SBP 14 inch rallys.There is a set for sale locally without trim rings or center caps. I have some questions.

Are all rally rims at least 5.5 wide?

How hard is it to find center caps and trim rings and more importantly, how expensive?

Will I need to buy new lug nuts too, and are they readily available or expensive?

Can I put the rims on for now without the center caps and use my old lug nuts?

Has anyone ever painted rallys black or body color?

Thanks!

Are all rally rims at least 5.5 wide? I have never seen any narrower than that

How hard is it to find center caps and trim rings and more importantly, how expensive? Trim rings are the same as big bolt pattern rallye wheels, so they should not be impossible to find. The centers are tougher, though. Those are unique to the 4" bolt pattern. Wheel Vintiques has repros for $52 each.

Will I need to buy new lug nuts too, and are they readily available or expensive? You can use regular cone seat lugs. It's helpful to have longer lug nuts though because its easier to get a lug wrench on them.

Can I put the rims on for now without the center caps and use my old lug nuts? Yes

Has anyone ever painted rallys black or body color? I have seen that done. Sometimes it even looks good. Sometimes.

Kcoyle, There is a guy on Ebay selling plastic repro ralley wheel center caps, they typically go for around $60 for a set of four. I am running BPP ones on my 68 Barracuda. The finish is too smooth to look real orginal but they certainly look correct to a casual observer. Also, if you aren't requiring exact repros Wheel Vintique trim rings look good and are around $20 each.

The wheels below are 14" ralleys (bpp) with Wheel Vintiques 14x7 trim rings.

NewTires001-2.jpg

Thanks! I actually found a set of rallys locally with centers but no trim rings. I'll look at Vintique for the rings.

-
Back