Rallye Dash for Duster

-
Call Dean Tilleman at Deans Dodge just south of Okotoks and he can help you out, he may even have the cluster. 403-938-4172.

P6020033 (Custom).JPG

You can cut it out, but without a pattern AND some skill/patience it'll never get there.

OK, I hear ya...do you know where I could get or even rent some skill and patience?
Thanks for the input, I may go the Rocky Mtn Dash way.

71cdnduster said:
OK, I hear ya...do you know where I could get or even rent some skill and patience?

Nope. It only comes from years of busted knuckles and banged heads.

OK not to high jack this thread but I have a related question.

I have a 1971 Duster 340 with factory rallye dash.

The plastic chrome is worn and I want to remove and send out the bezel for refinishing.

What do I need to do to get the bezel out? Any special tools? Drop the steering column or can I just wedge the thing out without disturbing the column?

It is best to have the column out of your way. As I recall it isn't absolutely necessary with the rallye dash, but is with the regular Dart cluster. The hardest part will be disconnecting the speedometer cable. It snaps in place with a plastic tab that you will have to squeeze to release.

In reply to initial Q. You can use the frame from any 67-69 barracuda, you'll just have to (in the case of 67) drill holes to mount your vin, and in all 67-69's cover or fill the hole where the ignition switch mounts. that is the only difference between the dash frames for the A-body barracudas and the 70-71 Rally dashes in Dusters Darts and 71 Demons. In any boneyard, you're more likely to find one in an A-body barracuda then you ever would in a Dart, Duster, Or Demon. hope that helps

Answering the original question. Sure you can. It been done before.
Answering the hijack question.. The instructions for removing the instrument panel are in a factory service manual and will get you there.
I have my own method. Less working under the dash and keeps the car drivable without the inst' panel.
I've serviced over 100 of the rallye fuel gauges. I've helped many of those owners avoid costly mistakes while taking it all apart and putting it all back together again.
I doubt there is anyone with more experience in this particular inst' panel.

-
Back