Not open for further replies.

khaley71

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
Hows it going everyone. Im looking for the metal rallye dash frame for 71 Dart Swinger. My car has standard gauges now and I want to convert to rallye gauges. Like to find one thats in decent shape. Thanks Ken

I know where one is and I probably can get it for a reasonable price.Do you want me to check on it for you. Mark

I have one for '68 Barracuda; is it the same as your '71 Dart?
Yes it will bolt to the care and no because 68 (a one year only thing) has a soft pad mounted on the bottom and 67-69 dashes have the ignition key mounted on the dash and not in the column like 70+ a bodies do.

I have this complete assy i am going to sell, PM me if interested as i sold my project i was going to use it in.

Attachments

• 71 ralley dash frame non 4 speed 002 - Copy.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 195
  • 71 ralley dash frame non 4 speed 003 - Copy.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 71 ralley dash frame non 4 speed 003.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 178
i have a 67 frame which has a top pad only and a knob radio.
you still have the ignition switch port.
pm me

Hey guys thanks for all the replys. The 67 thru 69s will work but the key switch is in the dash, mine is on the column. The 68 is a one year only with a lower pad down by the knee area on the dash. Thanks again for all the replys you guys always jump right in to help out with parts or questions. Ken

You don't have to change out the entire dash frame (And have to mess with the VIN and all). You can just graft in the front face that mounts the gauge cluster and all...MUCH much easier. I have a donor panel I can sell for $60 plus the ride. PM me if you're interested.

The is a considerable amount of work to do when altering a standard dash house to accept the rallye panel.
At minimum the screw tabs that support the panel will need to be relocated. If the center of the standard dash has a full heater radio bezel there will be holes there to fill also.
It can and has been done before but, If you can find a rallye dash house at a decent price, I say go that route.
The ignition switch hole and bezel would be the least of my worries. Anything from a flashing theft deterant lamp to a right hand remote mirror controller can be placed there.
Hope this helps

I cut mine.

Attachments

• DSC00003 (Custom).JPG
    74 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC00005 (Custom).JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC00016 (Custom).JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC00029 (Custom).JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC00008 (Custom).JPG