Ram on Ram Violence

-
Glad everyone is ok. I would say the weight of the trailer pushing your dads truck is what kept the air bags from deploying. Without the extra weight pushing the truck the rate of deceleration would have been much greater and the bags would have gone off. You are better off they didn't.
I agree,the airbag computer didn't see a fast rate of deceleration

I then filed a claim against my insurance through my under insurance portion for the medical.

I'm not trying to jack the thread, but I have a question for Oldmanmopar. How long did it take after you filed your underinsured claim against your own insurance company before they paid? The reason I ask is my wife and I have a claim against our own insurance company for uninsured motorist coverage that we have been trying to get them to pay on for almost 7 years now. We do have an attorney, and a lawsuit was filed before the 2 years statute was up. But here we are almost 7 years later and God only knows when it will be settled. So I'm just curious how long it took your insurance company to pay. By the way, Allstate sucks. That's my opinion, anyway.

Tell your folks not to sign off on anything the other insurance company offers, as far as personal injury. I think they can leave the claim open for one or two years before they settle. The insurance company will try to offer more, but they don't need to be in a hurry to accept.

I want to thank all of you for the helpful information. I sent dad a link to this thread and he is greatly appreciative for all of the insight. My folks went to the body shop where the truck was brought to for repairs today, and met with the insurance agent. As they were looking over the damage dad noticed something else that both agents looked over. In the floor in the 'rear passenger area there are a couple of compartments where you can store things. "Beer boxes" is what dad calls them. Well he saw that the lid on the drivers Sid box was opened up slightly. He tried to close it but the entire box is twisted. He yanked the box out and could see that the floor was buckled around the opening. This would lead me to think that the entire cab is also twisted out of shape. It was pretty obvious from the get go that the cab had been effected when mom had to shove the passenger door open after the wreck. Thst door doesn't shut now. Dad is going to meet up again with both agents on monday after the truck has been stripped down, and all of the damage can really be seen. I have a strong feeling it will be totaled out.

-
Back