Ran a NEW BEST ....

-

DJVCUDA

Reaction score
I took a chance and ran a shorter slick with my car, and it paid off big time...

I went from a 26x9 m/t to a 24.5x8 m/t - no loss of traction, best my old best 60' from 1.83 to 1.74 and my old best 12.80 to a 12.56!

My mph is almost 2 slower, but that was mineshaft air I had in december for that 108 mph run... I'm really happy with the car, it dumped my glovebox, and I knew it was a good hook...lol

timeslip.JPG

Heres the setup :
66 cuda 3430 w/ me
stock 78 360 w/ kb flattops
small valve heads, no work done
mopar .474 cam
tunnnel ram w/ 2 holley 390's
dynamic 3800 stall
904 low gear
8.25 rear w/3.23's
ooh and 16 mpg's lol...

i still beieve that that thing runs that damn fast with such a mild build... that thing is awesome..

Congratulations DJVCUDA, :blob:
Taking a chance and having good results make's for a great day. :burnout:

I agree with Joe, great times for that mild build. BTW, are you running a Wieand tunnel ram? Are those Holley's vacuum or mechanical secondaries? Are they 4150 or 4160 series carbs(secondary metering block vs. metering plate)? How's your low end response with the tunnel ram?

ramcharger said:
I agree with Joe, great times for that mild build. BTW, are you running a Wieand tunnel ram? Are those Holley's vacuum or mechanical secondaries? Are they 4150 or 4160 series carbs(secondary metering block vs. metering plate)? How's your low end response with the tunnel ram?

First, NO WAY should a 1.88 air hump head be doing this... i gotta swap intakes and try a single 4 bbl and see what the t-rram does for the car...

its an eddy street ram.
holley 390 vac sec metering plate carbs list #8007 stock except a balance tube ebetween the secondaries annd light springs inthe secondary diaphram.

low end is pretty strong, 1.74 60' times with 3.23's is gettin it... i dont have a bog onthe street, and it pulls strong, but I do have a 3800 converter that helps get it moving.

Waaaaay cool! What's your trap RPM? Do you think your effective gear ratio is like a 3:91 with those smaller tires?

5600 thru the traps... with a 26" tall tire i went thru at 4400... big difference...

i tried to figure the ratio, and what the rpm difference would be.. i was wrong cause i was figuring 400 rpm more not 1000...

DJVCUDA said:
First, NO WAY should a 1.88 air hump head be doing this...

No joke. It's amazing what a good valve job can do though. I think I have a old issue of Engine Masters where Steve Dulcich compares a bunch of small block Mopar heads. I believe that he thought that the air injection heads flow better than J heads assuming both heads were in thier stock form. Keep us all updated regarding the manifold/carb swap.

I still have the stock valves in my "J" heads and am running 12.9 so far. I guess that is one point for air velocity.

Good job!
That tunnel ram must be doing some amazing things for you.

I have to take the time and swap a single 4 bbl on there and see what it runs.... i'm curoius..

Congrats that thing runs great. :headbang:
I wonder what it would run with a newer cam grind, ported heads like some 308's and maybe even a little lower gear.
It will be interesting to see what it does with a single 4 barrel, but it's nice to see a tunnel ram on a car that runs good.

-
Back