hooker boards.jpg

4th. tallest bridge in the USA.
Forest Hill Bridge.
Forest Hill, California.
(Near Auburn, California) Northern, California

foresthill bridge 013 (Small).jpg

When dinosaurs flew. F-4 Phantoms.

View attachment 1715409554

I don't remember anymore. In the early 70's, at Miramar, the start of the "gas crunch" a friend who was a power plant/ airframe mech (Navy) told me what these held for fuel. We figured that in gallons, and even the old 70 440 RR got only 13.8 mpg, we figured one full fuel load of an F-4 at takeoff would run my RR for at least a year, maybe two LOL

At that time I was putting a LOT of miles on that car

I don't remember anymore. In the early 70's, at Miramar, the start of the "gas crunch" a friend who was a power plant/ airframe mech (Navy) told me what these held for fuel. We figured that in gallons, and even the old 70 440 RR got only 13.8 mpg, we figured one full fuel load of an F-4 at takeoff would run my RR for at least a year, maybe two LOL

At that time I was putting a LOT of miles on that car

Ya, they drank lots of JP-4, jet fuel.
1,900 gallons internal
600 gallon external center fuel tank.
370 gallon external tank under each wing.

Jackson Browne - Running on Empty

Lookin' out at the road rushin' under my wheels, lookin' back at the years gone by . .

20190315_110007.jpg

There was a SR71 flyer on here that had a bitchin story about a "fly by" they did in England. Was really sketchy. Maybe someone knows what I speak of and can hit up the link. Bad *** story!!

I remember that story!

My daughter’s spooky Halloween music composition and her video playing it...

The Air Force's Pick-n-Pull wrecking yard, in Arizona. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1715410293

That is cool, have been through there 6 years ago. They had a lot of the B-1B Super Sonic Bombers in storage there at the time. I remember thinking those are pretty new planes to be out here. They probably never really needed them for any serious confrontations, so there they sit. Like 20 of them sitting there at 12 million a piece . . our tax dollars at work.

Part of the deterrent program I guess, comes at a high price.

-
Back