Random pictures thread

-
flying back in the day , nothing like it is today ..and not in a good way

flying.jpg

A little farther south than you, I couldn't agree more.
Still have a green lawn up here, heard some people talking recently about getting the mower out again soon.
More than happy to not see the white stuff any time soon, temperature has been in the 20s overnight but high 30s to low 50s daytime with sunny skies.

It is dry here so far, 10 day forecast shows above avg temps and dry .. winter is so long , I enjoy every nice day we get , last year was horrible

I spent 50 + yrs living in snowy upstate NY…. It was the length of the snow season (thanksgiving to Easter) under grey sky’s and snow That was the issue. Miss hammering snowmobiles on the lakes and trails though. Never going back to the dysfunction of New York State

Frontier. Airbus A320.

By the way, for those that have not flown Frontier. Those advertised low fares are just paying for the airplane to get to the destination. If you want a seat on the airplane, you have to pay extra. No kidding.

Last edited:
Come again??? :realcrazy: You're not allowed to stand up on the plane, so how can you pay a fare without a seat?

Come again??? :realcrazy: You're not allowed to stand up on the plane, so how can you pay a fare without a seat?
Right. By law everyone onboard must have a seat and be seated.
Went like this: I went to the Frontier website and put in my origin airport and destination. The page pops up and says "we have low fares to Phoenix for $65.00 *one way." Great! I book two round trip tickets for two people. $260.00 bucks. Then it asks me about checked bags. $80 bucks, something like that. Great! Roundtrip for $340. I'm all set. Nooo. I click "accept" or something and then this page pops up. "Now pick your seat". There is a map of the seating on the plane with a $21.00 price on each seat. So apparently, the $340.00 was just for the airplane and bags to get to Phoenix.
If I want to ride on the airplane it's $21.00 each person, each way.

Tip-

Don't bring a bag that has to be checked.

A- there's a fairly high probably they will lose your bag.
B- there's an even greater probability they will mishandle your bag and damage something.
C- you save money.
D- you get into and out of the airport MUCH faster.

I can fit everything I need for a month in a duffel bag that fits in the overhead storage.
So can my wife.

Tip-

Don't bring a bag that has to be checked.

A- there's a fairly high probably they will lose your bag.
B- there's an even greater probability they will mishandle your bag and damage something.
C- you save money.
D- you get into and out of the airport MUCH faster.

I can fit everything I need for a month in a duffel bag that fits in the overhead storage.
So can my wife.
Mine packs everything she needs for a month, for a 3 day trip.

Way back when, I was a young guy with a good job and flew a lot for business all over the US .. Back when you had to dress nice or, you wouldn't be allowed on plane.
The stewardesses were all attractive and friendly and often I'd fly out of an airport on early Friday , get 1st class was a just a few extra dollars and plane was half empty
always had great meals ..

Last few years of doing job that I flew on our company planes. much easier

Picture from our flight to Arizona. Notice how the seat is made and the distance between seats. *mooooo*
By the way, nothing was served. No drink, no tiny bag of pretzels.

View attachment 1716172911
It’s all about weight savings (lower fuel burn) and cramming as many seats in. With seats that thin and cramming the next row as close to the one in front, they can probably get another row or two(?) in on a 737. That’s 6 more seats!

Picture from our flight to Arizona. Notice how the seat is made and the distance between seats. *mooooo*
By the way, nothing was served. No drink, no tiny bag of pretzels.

View attachment 1716172911
Exact why I dislike air travel, my legs end up twisted like pretzels and no matter what I do I can't get even remotely comfortable.

-
Back