Random pictures thread

-
1714423400821.png

Jr Johnson’s crew change Waltrips engine during the race at martinsville.
View attachment 1716243847
Love this! :thumbsup:

There are some comments here on another thread about when people stopped watching NASCAR, and this right here is when I quit watching:
cbce4cfb717b6156280b421c02261e3a36e3d205.jpg

I guess I took this kinda hard, and I still have a lot of "Underbird" and Davey souvenirs and paraphernalia packed away.

I pretty much gave up when they stopped being "Stock Cars". All they are now is spec racers, doesn't matter who's emblem is on the hood.

I pretty much gave up when they stopped being "Stock Cars". All they are now is spec racers, doesn't matter who's emblem is on the hood.

Agreed!! Now it's "my driver is better than yours". Who TF cares!! :( :rolleyes:

Not that I agree or disagree, but rather: May want to "tread lightly" around these-here parts, gentleman, as one could make the same argument for Top Fuel, Funny Car (etc.) classes for the past...what...20 years or so? I mean, this being a Mopar site and all....

And while I do "agree" (not that anyone cares), I still find the top NHRA races to be fascinating, but mostly due to the awesome speeds that are being achieved, not for any particular driver.

Not that I agree or disagree, but rather: May want to "tread lightly" around these-here parts, gentleman, as one could make the same argument for Top Fuel, Funny Car (etc.) classes for the past...what...20 years or so?
Drag racing has plenty of other classes to satisfy the purists... Nascar used to be "run what you brung and hope you brung enough." Now, rules upon rules

True
Not that I agree or disagree, but rather: May want to "tread lightly" around these-here parts, gentleman, as one could make the same argument for Top Fuel, Funny Car (etc.) classes for the past...what...20 years or so?

And while I do "agree" (not that anyone cares), I still find the top NHRA races to be fascinating, but mostly due to the awesome speeds that are being achieved.
Well, with few exceptions every competitive NHRA TF and FC car for the last 60 years has been Chrysler (based) powered (I didn't say ALL) regardless of what bodywork they're wearing.
Unlike NASCAR, which specs every detail of the car from body shape to suspension design to engine spec and intake system... to the point where they resemble nothing ANY of the manufacturers offer; yet they still have the gall to call them "Stock Cars".
JMO.

I still find the top NHRA races to be fascinating, but mostly due to the awesome speeds that are being achieved, not for any particular driver.
Concur: I attended my first national NHRA event in Phoenix a few weeks ago since attending INDY in the late 90’s. I was blown away by the speed of TF and FC… disgusted with the current state of pro stock cars.

-
Back