Rapom's Rocket - just another Duster build thread

-
Been a long time since I've visited FABO let alone posted anything about the Ruster. I have been working on it sporatically whenever I can shake an hour or two loose from the family. Which hasn't been often. Body work, body work and then some more body work. It never ends. All the car's dings, dents and scratches have been worked over and the driver's side fender, door, rocker, quarter panel, hood and trunk lid have all been sanded with 320 grit. That leaves the tail light panel, pass side and roof to sand. Then its fix all the minor imperfections identified through the sanding process and then another round of sanding with 400, or, maybe I'll just 2k prime it and go from there. I've been perusing several painter's web sites picking up pointers and techniques but there is no need to try to make it too nice cuz I'm going to abuse the living .... out of this thing when (if) I ever get to drive it!

I'm in the process of building a harness bar in lieu of a roll cage. I'm over climbing in, over, around and thru roll cages. A solid harness bar (bolt in) will sufice for me and hopefully will be enough for an occational track day at the local road course. Just have to remember to keep the rubber side attached to the ground. I'll post a blurb on this when I get into production. Latter...

Been a long time since I've visited FABO let alone posted anything about the Ruster. I have been working on it sporatically whenever I can shake an hour or two loose from the family. Which hasn't been often. Body work, body work and then some more body work. It never ends. All the car's dings, dents and scratches have been worked over and the driver's side fender, door, rocker, quarter panel, hood and trunk lid have all been sanded with 320 grit. That leaves the tail light panel, pass side and roof to sand. Then its fix all the minor imperfections identified through the sanding process and then another round of sanding with 400, or, maybe I'll just 2k prime it and go from there. I've been perusing several painter's web sites picking up pointers and techniques but there is no need to try to make it too nice cuz I'm going to abuse the living .... out of this thing when (if) I ever get to drive it!

I'm in the process of building a harness bar in lieu of a roll cage. I'm over climbing in, over, around and thru roll cages. A solid harness bar (bolt in) will sufice for me and hopefully will be enough for an occational track day at the local road course. Just have to remember to keep the rubber side attached to the ground. I'll post a blurb on this when I get into production. Latter...

Glad to see you post an update! Keep at it, even slow progress is progress.

-
Back