Rare 73 Dart Sport, Moon Roof, A/C, #49

-

olivier426hemi

Twister
Reaction score
This is a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340, It was built on August 5, 1972. Production for 1973 started on August 1, 1972 so this car was built on the 5th day of production. Its serial number ends with 100049(wow). It has the 340, Auto, A/C, Moon roof, fold down rear seat, buckets with console, heated rear window. It came in Lime green with a black stripe and a white half top and a black interior and white cardboard like headliner. This car is optioned very well. It does have the #s matching engine, Trans, and Rear axle. It does still have all of its original sheet metal. The car is a redo I am doing from another "resto" shop that welded the moonroof to the car because they couldnt find hardware for it. They also filled the rust with fiberglass instead of replacing the panels. I am redoing absolutely everything from bumper to bumper over restoring every nut and bolt. This is probably one of the rarest and possibly the first moon roof car.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Very cool car.... And looks like you are doing a fine job.... Keep us informed...

Thanks everyone!!! Ive been called a perfectionist so i go extreme all the time! Helps me sleep at night lol
Yeah Ill post pics up as much as I can. Im currently working on the final detail of the interior and trunk pans and engine bay. Then I will move on to the under side. Im working on this car full time so its getting done quite fast

Nice find and great work.Was the car hit?(pulls in frame)I have a 73 Dart Sport 340,4 speed,white buckets with fold down backseat.Wish I had the moon roof,oh well.Keep up the good work.A couple pics of mine with 20 year old paint.

OCT 08 002.jpg

mt.nemo 4.JPG

May 2007 043.jpg

So is that sublime green that it came with originally? Theres abother guy on here who has one just like this and its lime green. I didnt know they painted cars sublime in 73.

Well no the car wasnt hit. There is actually a funny story about that little rip in the frame. One night after the car had a date with the track, the owner still having a heavy foot was hot roding the car racing it around town, just a usual friday night for a 5-6 year old car. Anyways the owner lost control of the car and landed in a ditch. Luckily the car and owner were ok but the car was stuck. The next day the owner and a couple friends "yanked" the car out and thats where that rip happened!!!!

My Rotisserie is from uscartool.com. Great people and great tool, actually more than a tool,its a great investment.

Yes the car came from the factory the dodge lime green, sublime green, sassy grass green, everyone says it different lol

What is the paint code on the option tag? FJ5 Limelight/Sublime and FJ6 Sassy Grass were 70-71 colors only, I thought? Was your car a 999 paint code? Looks more like J3 green maybe?

1973chip.jpg

What is the paint code on the option tag? FJ5 Limelight/Sublime and FJ6 Sassy Grass were 70-71 colors only, I thought? Was your car a 999 paint code? Looks more like J3 green maybe?

I agree. FJ5 and FJ6 are 70-71 only. Unless the car was 999 paint code.

Hopes it goes back to it's original paint. That is a very neat car and some great metal work so far.

Here is the fender tag:

V21 V6X V8X Y91 26 END
M21 M52 N76 N95 R11
C73 F13 G37 H51 J52 J54
V4W U A88 B41 C16 C56
JF1 F6X9 000 805 M50152
E55 D34 LM29 H3B 100049

-
Back