"Rare Heads"???

-

Okay, I have heard of the 340 T/A, this youtube talks about identifying the block/overall engine. I see the valvetrain is offset, wondering if the T/A heads work on a regular 340 block?

Rare? Only 5263 TA/AAR cars were made. You call on the rarity.

Okay, I have heard of the 340 T/A, this youtube talks about identifying the block/overall engine. I see the valvetrain is offset, wondering if the T/A heads work on a regular 340 block?

For Someone so insistent on not being bothered, They didn't post any photos? The T/A heads are based on the same castings the '71-'72 360's & '72 340's used. The only
difference is where they drilled the pushrod holes adjacent to the intake ports, nothing else, save intake valve size is different. The casting# is 3418915, and the diff in the
pushrod hole location is obvious if You look at them, usually a couple of the holes "break through" the casting adjacent to the intake bolt holes. I've ported a set of these, &
the set was mounted on a '72 340 block, the owner wanted to preserve the OE block in case catastrophe struck racing it. Being able to widen the port that much there is
only useful if You've got a well developed valve/seat/bowl combo, and operating in a relatively high RPM range. For the money, You can do better with any number of the
aftermarket offerings out there, leave them for the Guy w/an AAR that needs it to resto. For the record, that eng. I referred to ran the 6pk, netted ~.480 lift w/the 292/.508
Purple shaft w/the stock rockers, had TRW 10:1 slugs, bolted slicks on at the track & ran a best of 12.35 & 109mph, avg. summer times mid 12.4's &107's...top R's low 7K's.

-
Back