Ratchet shifter & Factory Console

-

71Demon340

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a ratchet type shifter with the factory floor console? If so, what kind? I'm pretty sure that the factory shifter mounts would have to be removed from the tunnel. Thanks.

Found a thread about this with demon seed's installation. would have never found it though without his name. Thanks.

I used a Cheetah SCS, great thing about it the cable approches the trans from the rear so you dont have to deal with steering or exhaust interference.

5-4-08 photos 024.jpg

Nice job. Looks like it was born in there. :) How do you like the QuickSilver shifter as far as useability (is that actually a word) is concerned? Any problems with it? Thanks.

The QuickSilver works great, never hits the console, Shifts great. Takes a little getting used to. Hardest part was teaching my wife how to get it in reverse. She has it down now.

has anyone tried to change the gate in a stock shifter . I do not have the link. but a company offers a direct bolt in gate that requires not modifcation.

Pete

The company that makes the bolt in gate is Duncan Engineering. I looked at their product and contacted them. Its not really a ratchet type. It allows shifts from 1st to 2nd by just bumping the shifter, but then the button has to be pressed to get 3rd. Also, button has to be pressed for downshifts. Only benefit I see is you can get one of these to replace the factory one if you are switching to a reverse manual.

I ordered one .. I have a reverse valve body so it might work for me .

Ill let ya all know how it works out for me.

I cant see spending 200 bucks on a after market shifter at this time. if there is a 30 buck fix that will make my stock shifter work.

Pete

One of the members turned me on to this mod for your stock shifter. I bought one but haven't installed it yet. It makes your stock shifter work like a slapstick.

Shifter-R-Gate www.duncan-motor-sports.com

Should see mine in a few days ... Ill let ya know how it works out.

will be cool if it does the job.

Tried the stock shifter at the track last year, I couldnt get the timing down to hit my shift points. was like walking and chewing gum. my shifts were all over the place. I was so worried about missing shifts I was not really even driving the car . would be off +500 or -500 all of the time.

Pete

Its not a ratchet but here is m progress on my gate shifter install..
I finished the modification to the center console top plate today. I have to repaint the silver and weld in the brace for the shifter on the transmission Hump..Hopefully i will have it completed by this weekend..
Hkeller

shift1.jpg

shift2.jpg

-
Back