Real 68 LO23 Dart.........

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it is a Hemi Dart. Needs a little bit of work. Priced way too high!

I know this car. it was offered to me. I did not have the funds. It will pop @ a best offer I believe...

dartorig4.jpg

Sorry but not anyone could just buy one back in the day.You had to have a NHRA Racing license and if I were to guess it helped if you knew someone.
Jim

well if my memory serves me...I was offered a basket 1968 hemi dart that was purchased NEW by a 18 year old's mother in West Virgina...I guess she had the NHRA license...

Sorry but not anyone could just buy one back in the day.You had to have a NHRA Racing license and if I were to guess it helped if you knew someone.
Jim
Nope. In October of 1968 my dad took me to buy our next family car. We rolled up to prince Chrysler Plymouth Dodge in Inglewood California in our 1963 Valiant Wagon to look at the new for 1968 Dodge Darts.
Being very conservative my dad chose to test drive the Dart Custom with a 273 and column shift. Not quite enough 'pizazz' as I remember him saying.
But there was yellow, not white, Dart, no markings, no hubcaps and no back seat, no crank windows that my dad took for a test drive. I remember the fenders and hood being all black with a huge hood scoop. I could not go(no back seat and till this day I don't know why he test drove it) so I just sat in a white GTS waiting for them to return.
It was loud. Upon his return i could tell my dad was not happy. It was too unruly. He said all he did was hold the brakes while driving around the block. It idled really high.
My dad saw the car I had been jumping up and down in the back seat in. This is the car he bought. 1968 GTS 383 four speed with dog dish hubs.
(In 1974 he traded the 383 in for a 1974 Dart Custom /6). I know...I know..
I will never forget that hemi car. It had no business being on a dealer lot. And my dad drove it on the street!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back