Real Centerlines Auto Drags getting some looks

-

1969383S

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Funny that since the word came out they went under, how they are popping up for sale more!

Seems some cannot tell the difference between real ones and knock offs. Real ones clearly have the wording "CENTER LINE" on the face of the wheel. These are classic wheels that still have a nice look and bring back memories of old! Not for the modern thinking desires but classic for sure! The old original centers seem harder to find than the wheels. Anybody ever try restoring the original type centers?

Last edited:
The early centerlines have no wording on them. If I remember right that started sometime in the 80's

Funny that since the word came out they went under, how they are popping up for sale more!

Seems some cannot tell the difference between real ones and knock offs. Real ones clearly have the wording "CENTER LINE" on the face of the wheel. These are classic wheels that still have a nice look and bring back memories of old! Not for the modern thinking desires but classic for sure! The old original centers seem harder to find than the wheels. Anybody ever try restoring the original type centers?
did I read you right ,,centerlines went out of business? shoot I need 2 rears 15 in. small bolt pattern with a 6&1/2 backspace !! any out there for sale !!

I have a set of 15 in x9 5 1/2 backspacing in aluminums. But they are 4. 1/2 bp.
Shipping is stupid expensive on them why I haven't sold them

another indicator is no seam or parting line at the rivets. it should be smooth the entire face. I got some old ones that dont say Centerline on them, but they do say "not for use with radials"! Radials have a higher bead load since radials flex at the sidewall by design and they didnt build that additional bolstering in on the earlier ones.

I have a set of 15 in x9 5 1/2 backspacing in aluminums. But they are 4. 1/2 bp.
Shipping is stupid expensive on them why I haven't sold them
do you have a pic of them? with the 15 x9 5&1/2back space are they 5 x 4 or 5 x 41/2 bolt hole thanks

-- another indicator is no seam or parting line at the rivets. it should be smooth the entire face. --
-- Yep ! -- BTW - I'm looking for 2 - 15" X 6" or 7" Mopar LBP.
Centerline - This.JPG
Centerline - Not This.JPG

American Racing Outlaws/street Drags? Cant tell what the sig is on those but many make the seams, even Jegs now.

-- American Racing Outlaws/street Drags? Cant tell what the sig is on those but many make the seams, even Jegs now. --
-- I agree there's a few copies. -- A while ago there was a discussion, on this site, about that, and a Guy showed up who had worked for several years for Centerline. He said that Centerline made both types for X years, and He indicated what each type was called. - I looked for that series of posts, but can't find it.

I love the look of the old Centerlines. Back in the mid seventies everyone was running Cragars, Keystones or slots. A guy in HS was building a Camaro and when he showed up with a set of Centerlines, it blew everyone's mind. Some people didn't like the look of the "silly modern wheels" Lol

"Design Infini will be relaunching the Center Line Wheel brand with wheel designs that pay tribute to the heritage of this iconic brand."

The company I work for gets bought and sold every five years or so. We just keep plugging away. Hopefully, Centerline will do the same.

-
Back