Real rotten Duster -75

-

Duster-Sweden

Long live the 80s!
Reaction score
This is my Duster -75. Sold new in sweden, it was a daly driver until 1991 when the rust had gone to far, it was parked and abandoned. A bunch of owners later (who dident do anything whit it) i brought it in 2007 from a potatofield i south sweden.
Dustern.jpg

According to swedish car registry there is about 330 Dusters left in sweden 1970-75 (76 wasent sold here).

Here is some rust..
Golvfrarsida.jpg

And more... (this was the good side)¨
Bagage.jpg

Now i would like to warn all of you pepole, this is not going to be an frame-up, 100%, mint condition resto. There will be ugly welding, there will be shortcuts, there will be volvo-parts (easy and cheap) and there will definitely be BONDO!
And to defend oneself: The car is so rotten that most pepole would part it out. Now it gets to live again.

I've got a 340/4 speed car less motor and trans I will sell you with very little rust in the quarters and the tail panel.

I've got a 340/4 speed car less motor and trans I will sell you with very little rust in the quarters and the tail panel.
I wonder what the shipping charges would be on that :-D...ahh piece of cake....Fixer up real nice....

Those were some old pics. There is rust in every thinkabel place. The frame between the front suspension and the firewall is rusted right off. I cant lift the car whit a jack caus im afraid that it will bend. Theres a hole in the middle of the roof. If i lift the car in the rear bumper, the axle will stand on the ground caus the rear leafspring mounts are rusted off. I will take som fresh pics in the weekend.

And im not gonna make it bad buy purpose, im gonna make it as good as i can with no money, and very little equimpment.

Please show some more pics of this Euro-Ruster. If there are only 330 left registered over there you have one rare car! It sounds like it might be beyond repair but you never know. There are some pretty knowledgeable people on this site that might be able to guide you into bringing her back to driver status.

Good luck with it.

I wish my car was this good. You have a wonderful project car. This is where I get my body panels.
http://www.crosscanadaparts.com/cgi-bin/crosscanada/product_list.html?img_num=195

-
Back