Realest's 1969 Dart Custom

-

Realest

gearhead 4 life
Reaction score
couple pictures of my pending project
car has been sitting for 20 years, was my mothers first car when she bought it from her grandma at the age of 18.

Dart Ride 006.jpg

Dart Progress 001.jpg

Dart Progress 002.jpg

complete body over haul
most likely a 440
switch it to a standard transmission
alterkation front end
list could go on and on but who know how many times i'll change my mind

very solid begining... you will indeed change your mind about a million times...either way.... it will be cool.

-RPM

Nice starting point! What engine did it come with?

Looks like a great place to start.That will be nice .
Hey it looks in the picture like the throttle pedal has a lot of wear toward the top!Somebody drove the heck outta that /6 !

Your Grandmother had great taste in cars. Looks like a very solid Mopar. It should be lots of fun making a burner out of it. Howard.

my GREAT grandmother had good taste.
i was lucky enough mom hung on to this car....after years of telling me it was mine she finally handed a bill of sale(ownership) for my 24th birthday

Last edited:
Realist, Wow what a great car to begin with ! You are blessed to have such a good beginning to build on.
Enjoy the process & make ya Mama proud !

well its been a long time since i posted on this thread but i thought i'd give you guys an update. No progress has been made on the car since i last posted pictures, but i hope to start stripping paint this winter. I am building the garage i've been wanting to this summer. 24X38 with scissor trusses.

Also just this week I got a little gift from my uncle. I guess some time ago he grabbed the original build sheet, warranty card, and operators manual from the old girl. I was super pleased he gave these to me in such great condition. I'll post pictures later.

Ryan

Wow, What a great gift. Is your mom interested in the restoration? Will she have any decision making in the resto? You should try to add something just for her!! Good luck with the new garage.

good morning fellas,
well i know this update isn't to do directly with my dart project but it has everything to do with a place to do my dart project. this past weekend we erected my 24 foot by 36 foot long shop. as we speak i am waiting on my framing inspector to show up and then i can carry on with windows doors, paper wrap, siding etc.

ryans camera disk 211 (Small).jpg

ryans camera disk 216 (Small).jpg

ryans camera disk 223 (Small).jpg

ryans camera disk 226 (Small).jpg

ryans camera disk 231 (Small).jpg

ryans camera disk 244 (Small).jpg

Oh Man is that one sweet shop!! I always like the look of a bare framed building! Thats a pretty good sized shop, but it won't take to long to fill!

I see you are also from the Praires. Did you put in floor heat in the concrete pad?? It is a very nice addition if you did!

I hope you insulate crap out of it!! It nice to work in a warm building when its -30 c outside!
Nice car by the way looks really solid!

No i wish i would have been able to afford heated floors! The shop I work at is floor heated, and its wonderful. In order to keep my budget i had to X the floor heat idea. Here is an updated picture of the garage...pictured here is just one coat of primer. I've since finished painting and gearing up to build my work bench, mount and paint cabinets, trim work. Hopefully the snow will be melted by then and I can tow the Dart around and park her inside for the first time in its life.

2651_137619200460_702730460_5986733_7093303_n.jpg

Your lucky to have a nice project to start with and now a great place to work and hang out.Reminds me of when I bought my house when I was 27 years old,I seen the 30x30 drivethrough garage and had to have it for my 69 GTO.That was 18 years and about 15 cars ago!It must be a canadian thing EH!!Where,s the woodstove?LOL!!

Well it has been over two years since I have updated this thread. Sadly I have no real progress to report. As I am sure lots of you can attest to......life gets in the way of our projects. My better half went back to school leaving zero room for auto projects. Here is what I have done....moved car into the garage and picked the engine out of the weeds and drug that into the garage as well. I have now decided to use the original slant in the project to be a little different. I will continue to update as I go. S-L-O-W-L-Y ha ha.

Cheer,
Ryan
DartProgress016.jpg

DartProgress017.jpg

DartProgress018.jpg

That's about as good as it gets for a restoration platform! Have fun, enjoy the process, and for cryin' out loud, keep posting progress pics of the old girl :).

-
Back