Really like your car but then all of a sudden you want to swap for another

-

duster360

Reaction score
I am happy with the choice I made buying my car. I have had it for 3 years or so. But lately for some reason I have caught myself looking at every for sale ad I see with a '69 barracuda fastback for sale. Anyone else here go through this?

I don't want to get rid of or trade , I just want to add more.

Wait until I hit the powerball , jay leno will come over wanting to see my car collection

I did that with my charger, I mean , I loved the duster , but I just had to have a charger, and I couldn't afford to buy one outright. I ended up finding a guy who had a charger and wanted a duster, so it was a done deal.

I am happy with the choice I made buying my car. I have had it for 3 years or so. But lately for some reason I have caught myself looking at every for sale ad I see with a '69 barracuda fastback for sale. Anyone else here go through this?

I suffer from the same thing... Longest I've EVER had a car was right around 3 years with my Scamp when I sold last January.. The longest I've had a daily driver was 8 months... I'm 20 years old and I've owned 15 cars since I turned 16! That being said only 4 of them were daily drivers and 3 were occasional drivers. I bought me a 01 Ram a few weeks ago and plan on keeping it awhile even if it means putting the title in my wife's name so I CAN'T sell it!! Lol

You have to try them all out to find out which ones you like the best. Turns out I like them all.
30s thru 70s.
80s up not my thing.
Just picked up a 50 plymouth recently that I would have never gave a second glance at
in my younger days. Original stocker that's been a lot of fun that the little lady will actually ride in. She won't get in the ones I have built into monsters.
Its the same as picking your favorite song, changes with your mood. How can you just have one album.

Attachments

• IMG_20140726_174033_069.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 384
Everyday! Too many nice Mopars. Hard to pick just one. Been thinking about an B body. I'm sure after going to The Nats I'll have even more ideas that I shouldn't have.

Everyday! Too many nice Mopars. Hard to pick just one. Been thinking about an B body. I'm sure after going to The Nats I'll have even more ideas that I shouldn't have.

B-bodies rock ! I am definitely getting another B, just not sure if I want to get rid of my nimble little A for one !

I wouldn't trade mine. I worked to hard on it. But I do look at forsale ads and dream :D

That snake bites all car people.NJ MV asked me back in 68 if i wanted a dealer plate.Ive allways wanted a 64 dart 2door sedan.I GOT IT ? WILL IT STAY.:eek:ops:

Everyday! Too many nice Mopars.

Sad thing is it doesn't stop with mopars!! I also want a 68-69 Chevelle, 68-69 el camino, 68-70 mustang fb, 69 442, 85-87 442 and I'm sure the list is longer its just too early to think!! Lol

If I could kick everything old Plymouth to the curb and park a nice Chrysler 300 under the shed... show me where to sign. Same "tired of it" taste from a slow cooker recipe.

Maybe I'm the exception, but I seem to hold on to cars for a long time, especially daily drivers! I drive them until they're ready to scrap, or until I think they're no longer safe to send the bride out in!!

As for my old cars, I keep them too, but not really by design! No older car I have is my "favorite" Mopar, I just happened into them somehow! My personal favorite car to own would be a 1970 Roadrunner 440 6pak convertible like the one my Moms husband had when I was young, but they are just too far out of my price range! I am also partial to the early B bodies and would love to own a 63-4 Polara!

But.....for now ill love the the ones I have!!! Geof

I have had mine since I was 15...(24 now). I always said I would NEVER sell it but at times I kick around the idea. Probably never will though. Maybe we just get bored.

if you dream of a car you need to try it out to see if it really is a dream or just an infatuation, I found out with E-bodies that they seem cool and I was into it at one time but after owning a couple ....I don't like Es.

you never know when you might stumble on something you like but never thought you would like. I never thought a 72 dart would be one of favorite cars till I got one that is turning out to be one of the best cars I have ever had.

I've had my car for 18 years now and I still get a chubby when I look at it....

That being said I think I would trade it for 68-69 B Body even if it was in moderate condition... I saw a yellow 68 superbee that looked like Joe Dirt's car as a cruise. I think I could have been swayed to swap with the guy... lucky for me I never found the owner.

X2 to all the above. As they say, variety is the spice of life. There's something to be said about the excitement of something new or maybe the thrill of the chase. tmm

I'm on the opposite end of this. I really don't like my car and I am trying to trade it. I bought it because it was a good deal and figured I could trade it up to something better as time goes on.

Lots of good comments. I have a love for all the body styles. But I do love the B bodies the most. I do get attached to my cars. I'd hate to get rid of my Dart but a B body is calling me. And I've come to realize that I can only afford one Mopar. I guess time will tell what I end up with.

-
Back