Really Yellow Dart

-

SBDart

Reaction score
Well got both new 1/4 panels on . someone beat the stuff out of them had to fix some small dents . got bored sat so i test painted one 1/4 to see what it looks like. put your 2 cent in here please . maybe with a black or blue strip on the back
RCA_0106-1.jpg

RCA_0107.jpg

RCA_0110.jpg

you know after looking at alot of car mopar did paint alot of there cars yellow . wow i just did not know that color was so in back in the day. i have always seen reds blues greens . but this color has really got my eye now. it is going to look really good when i am done with it ..

My last 71 dart was blue w/ a white strip on it and it looked great it think.. and thats all i wanted was one more just like it .( i sold it) and now some 10 year later the yellow car is now what i am looking forward to. WOW ............... LOL

Pic of my old 71 Dart 340. My son was about 6 or 7 in that pic now he is in high school WOW .big kid now 169 lb an 5'10 and he is only 15

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g254/rules371/newdart200208.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g254/rules371/newdart200212.jpg

I partial to yellow myself!! Wife won out I wanted orange !! Lawrence

IMG_2072 (3).jpg

The paint code on it is Y2 . it a 1969 code

I'm not against yellow (my '70 'cuda is Lemon Twist), but know that yellow attracts bugs. I think they see it as a big flower. You'll have to get used to bees and flies and gnats swarming around and crapping all over it. You'll spend a lot of time cleaning that stuff off.

Well i was going out and work on the dart today. wife was at work son was in bed still just me and my dogs. no one the stop me for working on the dart . BUT the air conpresser it was running fine i stop to do some thing and it just stopped running damn it :angry4::angry4::angry4::angry4::angry4::angry4: i am thinking here we go agin i just brunt up one more starter box. looked at it nope not that compresser still turns good the motor ?????? it was hot so letting it cool of some to see if that was it . who knows with this air compresser. this thing has been a pain in my *** for some time now . not a fuse i looked in the fuse box not it.but i did get some pics of it today. got to get this thing done soon company car show is in Aug. still got alot to do work to do before then. stll got to resanded it glase it and block sand it seal it and do a fine wet sand on it thin i can paint it. some much to do before Aug.
and thats not putting in the new engine trans and rear end.. man i need that air compresser to work for me.. may not make it ....

RCA_0010.jpg

RCA_0011.jpg

RCA_0012.jpg

RCA_0015.jpg

RCA_0014.jpg

Check your compressor for oil. If it is a newer unit it could have a oil shut off built into the unit that will not let the compressor run when it is low on oil. I know my unit did the same thing once before. When I finally checked the oil and added some it started right up. I had no clue that my old(er) compressor would do that.

that is one cool strip on the back of your dart ..

it was low on oil i did put some in it and it stiil did not start.
I have had it about 4 year now so who knows if it has an shut of val on it.

Thats the color i was look for but mine is more yellow then that . may buy a 1/2 gallon of white and mix them together and hope it lighting up some..

Mine actually does look a little more yellow than that. I think sitting in the shade makes it look a little duller.

Get a longitudinal stripe. Made mine look like a completely different car.;

newstripes.jpg

-
Back