Rear disc swap

-

Mopar Tim

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
67 dart, 8.75 rear end. Using 'The right stuff" swap kit. Using Dr, diff axles, good deal on the axles. question, the emergency brake cables provided do not work. Both cables provided are the same. Right side needs to be longer, but neither work. Old ones will not work either. anyone deal with this and what did you do? I know pictures but none available. Sorry. I am going to call there cust. support and see they they say. But I trust you guys more.

I believe 'early' stuff had a short and a long cable.. Later stuff (73 Dart in particular) had 2 relatively equal cables. I'm sure their cust service has dealt with this before. It would suck to have to convert it to the later style to make it work.

67 dart, 8.75 rear end. Using 'The right stuff" swap kit. Using Dr, diff axles, good deal on the axles. question, the emergency brake cables provided do not work. Both cables provided are the same. Right side needs to be longer, but neither work. Old ones will not work either. anyone deal with this and what did you do? I know pictures but none available. Sorry. I am going to call there cust. support and see they they say. But I trust you guys more.
Ray @halifaxhops was doing some rear disc stuff. Maybe he can help you.

I believe 'early' stuff had a short and a long cable.. Later stuff (73 Dart in particular) had 2 relatively equal cables. I'm sure their cust service has dealt with this before. It would suck to have to convert it to the later style to make it work.
They knew what year I was putting there kit on. Seems they would have sent the correct cables. NOT!

Mine are jeep on a 8 1/4, the cables were a pain to figure out nothing really was cookie cutter, had to make a new intermediate cable. iI have the stuff here and Barrel swedges that fit into the aftermarked connectors could not find round ones. if you need one made up give me a length.

I am doing the same thing. I had a new in the box long cable for a 67 cuda, looks like I can use it to get from passengers side caliper over to driver side frame rail....

-
Back