Rear Leaf Relocation Kit pics

-

Graminizer

The "Big G"
Reaction score
Does anyone have before and after pics of a rear leaf spring relocation kit installed? I want to see what is involved with this. Thanks.:happy1:

I think the site is bigblockdart.com
There is a pretty good write up there about it, with pics. Someone else that is more familiar with the other sites will surely chime in, but pretty sure thats it.

if you're not comfortable with cyustom fab work, cutting part of the frame or welding. You better pay some one that is. I fell I personally could do it, but ill probably pay someone for this type of job so I dont screw the car up.

before and after
need to be able to weld
metal must be clean

Attachments

• 023.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 1,750
  • 024.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 1,549
  • 025.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 1,555
dart049.jpg

dart053.jpg

This one is from the DS but you get the idea
IMG_0142.jpg

Yes, they are great pics. Thanks guys! Just waiting to order my boxes from RMS. Has anyone used the RMS bearing sliders for the rear hangers? Any pics of those?

i have the exact set up your talking about. i moved the front spring eye location up into the frame as much as physically possible. I also notched the rear frame rail 1" and tucked the sliders up into the frame. i installed 1/4 reinforcement plates around the sliders on both sides. doing this meant that i had to channel the rear factory spring mount box as well. here are some pictures.

sliders028.jpg

sliders027.jpg

sliders025.jpg

sliders011.jpg

sliders001.jpg

they get rid of any side to side deflection. from what I understand they gained popularity from the circle track circuits. i used them because they deleted the rear shackle and effectively lowered the rear end of the car by bringing the rear spring eye mounting point up into the car.

Not to jump your thread but I am desperate for a set of leaft spring forward brackets. Can you help? My car is a 70 Duster.

-
Back