Rear leaf springs

-

2 fast z28

Reaction score
hay guys im getting ready to order new leaf springs for my 76 dodge dart swinger i have my eye on the mopar super stock leaf springs i am wondering what kind of lift will i get from them or can i go with the hemi super stock springs without moveing my spring shackles inweard let me know im hoping to get the top of the tire close to leave with the rear quater

SS springs are designed for drag racing. They will lift the rear and the car will sit uneven (but this can be corrected without much trouble).

SS springs should be a direct bolt in.

What are your plans for the car? If it's a driver I would suggest XHD springs.

x2 what 1968FormulaS340 stated above. If its a driver get the XHD. If you get the SS springs, be prepared for a stiff ride.
If you don't have a b/rb/hemi, do not get the Hemi springs. The springs are made for the different car weights/engine torques. Pick one accordingly. I have had the 340 SS springs on my car for over 11 years now, and I love them. My car has just the right stance that I wanted. Just my opinion though.

I have the mopar ss springs on mine. I like them but they are to high. I lowered the car 2inches.
DSC_0701.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks great,
Did you flip the front shackles 1" lower easy done?
How did you do the other 1" a block under the axle?

i agree the ss spring are not would i should have gotten. But they are paid for and work great at the track. I put lowering blocks on it.Been driving and racing the car for 3 years like that and know problems.

There is a left and a right front shackle on my 63 and 64 dart, and you cannot flip them.

Not sure about the later years.

I didn't like the slant that the SS springs left my 63 or 64 dart So I bought another 002 spring and have the same spring on both sides of the car.
I can now put my hand on top of the tire without touching the fender. it doesn't sit as low as bamamopar's car. How did you lower your car ?

The metal in the original springs is made of a better quality of material. You would be better off having them re-arced and then add one or two for extra support if you want.
I did this with my Dart and it worked out (and sits) nicely.
Not to mention it cost me under a $100 to have this done. Just a thought.

I think the XHD springs would suit your needs better. 1968FormulaS340 ain't a dummy. He's givin you good advice. The SS springs are great pieces.......for what they were designed to do, and that's RACE. They are harsh on the street. Re-arching only lasts so long. There are two methods. Hot and cold. With the cold method, the springs are pounded on a special anvil and arched back into shape. This process does not last very long at all and the springs will return to their previous state fairly quickly. The second method is basically the same, but the springs are heated and then re-arched and quenched. While this does last longer, it also removes some tensil strength. And the kicker? BOTH methods will cost MORE than new springs. Springs are pretty cheap. A couple hundred bucks.....or less and you can have a new pair ready to last a lifetime. There are several companies that will even offer up custom made springs to lift you car right where you want it and give it the ride you are looking for, so there's no reason to "dick around with all that" as 1968FormulaS340 so eloquently put it. I could not agree with him more.

ok sounds good now what are these xhd springs and where can i get them this is very good info thanks alot guys

i woudl call espo and get a set of their 6 leaf springs.. you can get them in stock height, +1" or +2"

all three of these cars have the espo +1" springs on them. they ride very nice and aren't too high in my opinion.

DSCN6544.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

This subject seems to come up on here every couple of months. Stroker's giving you good advise, the 340 XHD springs just flat work. I love mine.
I put them on, bounced the car a couple of times, adjusted the torsion bars to get all four corners level and haven't touched it since.

-
Back