Rear Shock Lower Mounting Studs

-

howiedodat

Reaction score
Hello from a B Body member !! I am about to replace my rear spring bushings and install new KYB shocks. When I purchaced the car I put a "inexpensive" rear shock on the car. I managed to break the threaded portion of the stud off the mounting stud. I welded a new threaded portion on the stud and that has perfomed well to date. I have ordered the replacement studs from Mancini, should be here today. My question is how do the studs mount to the plate ?? Press fit, peened, welded ?? I dont see a nut on the back of the stock stud, however the Mancin replacements due have a nut and are threaded for mounting to the plate. Any and all help from the all knowing A Body membership is greatly appreciated !!!!!!! Thanks !! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks for the thoughts !! If anyone is interested, the studs are welded at the face side of the shock. I cut the stud close to the plate on the shock side then ground down the face till flat. Then I drilled the locating pin out to the proper size and mounted the new stud. The studs were from Mancini and are designed to be bolted in. Nice part. Thanks again !!!

-
Back