-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuda620

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Want to buy 489 or 742 a body rear end for a reasonable price. Figured I'd try to keep it mopar on here before I go to alternative rears. I.E., explorer, 9", narrow a Dana 60 I have, etc... Thanks.

E

Want to buy 489 or 742 a body rear end for a reasonable price. Figured I'd try to keep it mopar on here before I go to alternative rears. I.E., explorer, 9", narrow a Dana 60 I have, etc... Thanks.

E
you're in indiana. If you're not in any hurry, theres a Mopar only swap meet in March at the state fairgrounds, I got a complete one for an 2 body there 2 years ago for way less that I could find online. I seen several last year with asking prices ranging from 300-1200.

you're in indiana. If you're not in any hurry, theres a Mopar only swap meet in March at the state fairgrounds, I got a complete one for an 2 body there 2 years ago for way less that I could find online. I seen several last year with asking prices ranging from 300-1200.
Thanks! For saving money, I can wait. Any links so I won't forget it? Plus I'll mark my calendar.

Thanks! For saving money, I can wait.
yep. Shipping isnt cheap for rear ends. There is a couple parts flippers here in Indiana that specialize in Mopar parts, expect to pay top dollar for either of them. You can also try posting on Indiana Mopar Parts for sale facebook page as well as Mopar Muscle Cars, also on facebook.

yep. Shipping isnt cheap for rear ends. There is a couple parts flippers here in Indiana that specialize in Mopar parts, expect to pay top dollar for either of them. You can also try posting on Indiana Mopar Parts for sale facebook page as well as Mopar Muscle Cars, also on facebook.
I've got a pickup Dana 60, open small tube I was gonna have mosier narrow. Their 30 minutes from me. Just lookin for a cheaper easier way. Thanks.

That's my point; more money...
And if you're going fat-tires, you're gonna have to get a custom off-set as well.
And if you're gonna put big power into a 4" bolt circle with those dinky little studs, how long do you think they'll last.
And if one fails on the start line, they all do, and guess what happens to your rear quarters.

If you're staying with a SBP then you don't need a 489 or 742
If you're a streeter, then any old limited slip rear will get the job done, even the 7.25 will take a beating with an LSD, on the street.

I'm just trying to be helpful

If you're staying with a SBP then you don't need a 489 or 742
Whatever, I'm having mosier narrow a Dana 60 if I don't find an 8.75 and drill it for sbp. 30 minutes from me. Already done 2 60's for me. They said it take easily over 600 hp with upgraded studs and the fairy tale of breaking wheels off is just that..... Unless those used are rusty old bad wheels. I'll take their opinion. Thanks...

It's easily possible to put 295s on 15 x 10s into the factory 68 Barracuda tubs. Most of those I have seen come with a 4.5 inch backspace . All you have to do is move the springs in under the inside tub-wall, and narrow the rear to fit. Starting with a bbp rear makes the most sense.
My 68 even accepted 325s on 15 x 10s
IMO your Dana 60 pick-up rear is a wise choice. And the bonus with that is that it will take a lot of peg-leg abuse,lol.

It's easily possible to put 295s on 15 x 10s into the factory 68 Barracuda tubs. Most of those I have seen come with a 4.5 inch backspace . All you have to do is move the springs in under the inside tub-wall, and narrow the rear to fit. Starting with a bbp rear makes the most sense.
IMO your Dana 60 pick-up rear is a wise choice. And the bonus with that is that it will take a lot of peg-leg abuse,lol.
I know it's overkill, but I won't break it. If I can find the heavy duty 8.75 rear,same thing. If I can find one reasonable enough. I've got time. Already have Kelsey Hayes 4 piston brakes and work good to me. Hate to loose em. I'd move the springs in 1/2 inch too with offset hangers for more room.

I know it's overkill, but I won't break it. If I can find the heavy duty 8.75 rear,same thing. If I can find one reasonable enough. I've got time. Already have Kelsey Hayes 4 piston brakes and work good to me. Hate to loose em. I'd move the springs in 1/2 inch too with offset hangers for more room.
If you don't mind me asking, what'd moser say it'd cost to narrow that 60?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back