Rear Valance 67-69 Barracuda Dual Exhaust Cut Outs

-

JTG

Reaction score
Did the rectangular dual exhaust cut outs only come on Formula S Cuda's ? if yes, then all other factory dual exhaust Cuda's would have come with the circular cut outs?
If possible, can someone please provide a clear large close up pic of the factory rectangular cut out on the rear valance, that would be very much appreciated, thank you.

I wouldn't say the dual cutouts were only "Formula S", since in 1969 there was also the "Cuda" package featuring the 340 engine.

And in 1967, only the 383-S had dual exhaust, and it had round cutouts and round tips. The 273 Commando, which could also be ordered with the Formula S package, had a very large single rectangular tip and cut-out, on the driver side only.

So the exhaust tips are associated with the engine choice option, not with the Formula S suspension package.

You can buy a dual cutout valance from Autobody Specialties and other suppliers.

Thanks krazykuda and racerkilla for the pics.

I wouldn't say the dual cutouts were only "Formula S", since in 1969 there was also the "Cuda" package featuring the 340 engine.

And in 1967, only the 383-S had dual exhaust, and it had round cutouts and round tips. The 273 Commando, which could also be ordered with the Formula S package, had a very large single rectangular tip and cut-out, on the driver side only.

So the exhaust tips are associated with the engine choice option, not with the Formula S suspension package.

You can buy a dual cutout valance from Autobody Specialties and other suppliers.

Hi mvh, in other words the 67 Cuda with 383-S is the only model to have dual round cut outs, and all other Cuda's with factory dual exhaust will have rectangular cut outs in the rear valance panel.

Hi mvh, in other words the 67 Cuda with 383-S is the only model to have dual round cut outs, and all other Cuda's with factory dual exhaust will have rectangular cut outs in the rear valance panel.

Correct...

Mine was a 318 car and I modified the rear valance for the two rectangular cutouts.

Attachments

• IMG_1744.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_1741.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1740.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1736.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1735.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_1732.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1726.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_1725.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 260
Thanks for the pics qkcuda, I will be doing exactly what you have done, my rear valance is in excellent condition, so it made no sense to change the entire panel to an AMD piece.

Thanks for the pics qkcuda, I will be doing exactly what you have done, my rear valance is in excellent condition, so it made no sense to change the entire panel to an AMD piece.

Here is a template I received from someone, not sure who, maybe even someone here. It was pretty accurate. Measure twice, cut once.

Attachments

• Rear Valance Sketch.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 236
-
Back