Rear window defogger

-

swedefish

Reaction score
I’m helping my son with restoring his -66 Barracuda. Lots of rust, so far I’ve replaced front framerails, part of torsionbar frame, front floorpan, front leafspring attachment both sides, parts of the floorpan under the rear seat both sides, part of inner wheelhouse and wheelhouse openings both sides. Almost all of the repair are due to old sloopy repairs. Now to my question, its a fan with housing mounted below rear window on the passenger side, (I had to remove it to make some room for the welding of the inner wheelhouse) the housing for the fan looks like its ”homemade”. Could it be that it is made like this from factory?

IMG_2044.jpeg

IMG_2043.jpeg

IMG_2042.jpeg

The factory one looks like a speaker and mounts in the passenger side of the rearward side panel. I will look and see if I have a picture of mine.
They are are rare as teeth in a hen.
The blower motor is similar to any abody… it’s the attachment to the side defuser that is the ultra rare part.
I just checked. I do not have a photo but I believe #Capt46 may have photos of a proper set up.
Syleng1

I’m helping my son with restoring his -66 Barracuda. Lots of rust, so far I’ve replaced front framerails, part of torsionbar frame, front floorpan, front leafspring attachment both sides, parts of the floorpan under the rear seat both sides, part of inner wheelhouse and wheelhouse openings both sides. Almost all of the repair are due to old sloopy repairs. Now to my question, its a fan with housing mounted below rear window on the passenger side, (I had to remove it to make some room for the welding of the inner wheelhouse) the housing for the fan looks like its ”homemade”. Could it be that it is made like this from factory?

View attachment 1716252976

View attachment 1716252977

View attachment 1716252978
Clever though.

Thanks guys, then this one’s definitely homemade compared to Halifax’s pic. He he . Should fill its purpose anyway, I hope.

-
Back