Rebuild help

-

ibleedmoparts

Reaction score
okay i wanna kinda get a feel for quality, long lasting parts before i rebuild my motor...street car mind that has some umpf. 400 mopar...i would like to get everyones opinions on what is the best, so here goes

rings?
bearings?
timing chain?
oil pump?
pistons?

reccomend stock or ARP bolts?

i just want to compile some data so i can make good educated choices, and who better to get data from than you guys

I appreciate it

Floyd

From what im told those 400s have crapy flowing heads, i have one and was gunna get it rebuilt but my engine machinst said i might as well wait because you can get a stroker crank for them and with some head work and the right cam 450-500 horse is pretty easy to get. i don't know a hole lot about it but it maybe some thing to look into depending on the motor current condition

has to be reliable mainly...but i want long lasting parts that i can get lotsa miles on...im not concerned about HP, it will have that...i plan on using a 9.9:1 piston from Kb and after emailing back and forth with that piston and a 78cc head ill get that compression. Another option is using the same piston with 86cc = 9.6:1...want good strong street motor that i can drive on the highway when needed

check out 440source.com go with thier stealth heads and order a kit from them stroker or stock good hyd cam dual plane intake . make a real good street motor

-
Back