Received a very nice thank you from Edelbrock today.

-
Hot Damm!!

Real customer service may becoming back after all!!

Great story guys, thanks for sharing.

I'll add these suppliers to my list of preferences along with the great suppliers we have on our site here who consistently read our posts and respond with suggestions and solutions.

These are the guys and gals that truly deserve our business.

As most of you guys know by now I had an issue with a customers brand new Victor340 intake over the past winter. The holes were off by .115 so I called Edelbrock and talked to a nice young lady (Mopar owner) about the problem. She gave me her contact info and I sent her lots of pictures of the issue. She passed everything over to the tech department and stayed in contact. Member. @-Boosted- and I talked several times and he got in contact with someone on the manufacture-ring and tech side and rushed things along. Edelbrock found an issue and reprogrammed their machines to add an axis point so they could more accurately locate the mounting holes. In a matter of a few months they addressed this issue and are delivering a great product again. Years ago I would have “maybe” called once to scream and holler to get it off my chest. I’ve learned that doesn’t work. Today I received a free Victor340 intake that member @-Boosted- suggested I should get. I was pleased with them fixing the issue and the nice thank you email I received but this is icing on the cake. Thanks Bill and Edelbrock and the intake looks great.

View attachment 1716102545

View attachment 1716102546

View attachment 1716102547

View attachment 1716102548

View attachment 1716102549

View attachment 1716102550
Getting the problem fixed was definitely a good thing on their part. Sending you a new one is an amazing bonus. Good job Edelbrock.

I do wish that intake was also available in a Magnum version to match their Magnum RPM heads, but I do not know if that would be worth it for Edelbrock.

Getting the problem fixed was definitely a good thing on their part. Sending you a new one is an amazing bonus. Good job Edelbrock.

I do wish that intake was also available in a Magnum version to match their Magnum RPM heads, but I do not know if that would be worth it for Edelbrock.

May be worth a phone call. Most calls are free now.

Just thinking real quick but do you know what would be pretty cool. What if Edelbrock copied a Speedmaster intake in the way they have both bolt patterns for LA and magnum heads. I’m not saying do away with the LA only intake but a small mod and a different part number may entice guys that bounce between both engines into buying one. Hmmmmm. Patient pending. Lol

As most of you guys know by now I had an issue with a customers brand new Victor340 intake over the past winter. The holes were off by .115 so I called Edelbrock and talked to a nice young lady (Mopar owner) about the problem. She gave me her contact info and I sent her lots of pictures of the issue. She passed everything over to the tech department and stayed in contact. Member. @-Boosted- and I talked several times and he got in contact with someone on the manufacture-ring and tech side and rushed things along. Edelbrock found an issue and reprogrammed their machines to add an axis point so they could more accurately locate the mounting holes. In a matter of a few months they addressed this issue and are delivering a great product again. Years ago I would have “maybe” called once to scream and holler to get it off my chest. I’ve learned that doesn’t work. Today I received a free Victor340 intake that member @-Boosted- suggested I should get. I was pleased with them fixing the issue and the nice thank you email I received but this is icing on the cake. Thanks Bill and Edelbrock and the intake looks great.

View attachment 1716102545

View attachment 1716102546

View attachment 1716102547

View attachment 1716102548

View attachment 1716102549

View attachment 1716102550
Never get very far with a piss and vinegar attitude, I've always been kind when i call or email.

Not only is this a great customer service story, it shows how helpful our members can be with each other, and it shows you can get better results with honey than vinegar. In Dalton's words, "Be nice until it's time to not be nice.

Just thinking real quick but do you know what would be pretty cool. What if Edelbrock copied a Speedmaster intake in the way they have both bolt patterns for LA and magnum heads. I’m not saying do away with the LA only intake but a small mod and a different part number may entice guys that bounce between both engines into buying one. Hmmmmm. Patient pending. Lol

I like this idea!

Easy there old timer…too much excitement may not be a good thing at our age.

The best news I think is they listened and fixed it. It’s cool they are sending you some stuff but the fact that they actually checked and verified that they had an issue is a big deal.

Most times these companies (especially the bigger ones) think everyone is a moron and just blow you off.

I got a pretty rough intake from Indy probably in 2006. It was horrible. So I called the dude (I forget his name) that owned Indy and asked him about the finish machine work on it. He told me I was a F’ing idiot, his manifolds didn’t need any work and if I had the common sense God gave a carrot I’d find another line of work.

I can’t post here what I told that idiot but it wasn’t nice.

Imagine how it went when I spent a whole DAY unscrewing the rocker alignment and getting it all set up and the next day rolling the engine over on the stand it broke a brand new rocker!!

That argument should have been recorded. He dog cussed me, I dog cussed him, his mother and his wife and hung up on me. He called me back just to hang up on me.

Classic asshole.
For a company, that normally does not work out well. Bad results get spread around real fast, and big money on advertising has a rough time overcoming it. Either they get smart or broke.
That said, dealing with the public can be trying at times as owner or tech person can not be sure they are speaking to someone knowledgable or someone with an overinflated opinion of their abilities. These days a few photos sent from a "smart" phone can illustrate problems and possibly resolve issues fairly quickly.

I thought about this as well. The problem then becomes the serpentine setup from the factory Magnum setup.

If they kept the Magnum thermostat housing and bypass location along with the Magnum intake bolt pattern, it would be easy to run that combo in a truck or A-body swap with or without fuel injection, all while keeping the Magnum air conditioning and serpentine belt setup.

Does not help the LA guys at all, but also would not hurt them in any way. Dual pattern could possibly cause valve cover rail interference.

I thought about this as well. The problem then becomes the serpentine setup from the factory Magnum setup.

If they kept the Magnum thermostat housing and bypass location along with the Magnum intake bolt pattern, it would be easy to run that combo in a truck or A-body swap with or without fuel injection, all while keeping the Magnum air conditioning and serpentine belt setup.

Does not help the LA guys at all, but also would not hurt them in any way. Dual pattern could possibly cause valve cover rail interference.

Don’t miss the part where I said leave the LA intake alone. Take the LA and modify it and give it a new part number. Don’t ruin ours and ugly it up.

-
Back