Recent Addition to the FABO Site

-

tcanin00

Reaction score
I have been watching this forum for some time now, and have finally purchased an A-body to post about. A (rusty) 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger. I have been looking for a replacement to my Grandfather's 1973 Plymouth Scamp for over a decade. In 2006 when I went to Basic Training at relaxing Ft. Jackson, SC, I stored the car at a buddy's junkyard. During my time away, he landed himself in jail and his ex-wife had everything in his yard crushed for scrap metal. Including my car.
I have owned several cars since then including a race prepped 1984 BMW 318i with the engine from a 1994 325i, a lifted 1979 Ford F-250 on 37's, and a 1985 Dodge W-350 that started life as D-100. They have all came and gone to new owners. None of them could take the place of an A-body. So I took to the internets and found this crunchy New England car in my price range.
Here it is on the trailer coming home from Douglas, MA:
IMAG0843_zps5xvhzgr4.jpg

IMAG0844_zpsdrrw15aj.jpg

It even came with a Swinger key chain:
IMAG0856_zpspgxcyzvf.jpg

Once it had settled into it's new home at the shop in Bloomsburg, PA it was introduced to it's organ donor:
IMAG0845_zpsodvwkgl2.jpg

A 1992 B-250 with a 5.2 Magnum and (518?) overdrive automatic:
IMAG0847_zpshk6xjd1y.jpg

To our surprise the motor ran pretty good, despite the appearance of the van:
IMAG0846_zpsknfobspn.jpg

IMAG0848_zps3u7vdnad.jpg

IMAG0849_zpsvxigh6d3.jpg

The van was abandoned at a foreclosed house, and my friend who's Dad is the owner of the shop removed it and donated it to the cause. My dog loves donations, or car rides:
IMAG0860_zpsds4siqf3.jpg

Best friends forever. Well maybe not:
IMAG0867_1_zpsros6zbti.jpg

The plan is to use as much from the van as possible, engine and trans, wiring, etc. I have searched this type of swap on here and have prepared myself for what will be required. My friend Ross and I are competent fabricators, and he is a certified welder so this shouldn't too big of a deal. I know the transmission tunnel of the Dart will have to modified to accommodate the larger overdrive trans.

Great 1st post!! Welcome to FABO & a world of A-Body knowledge here to help you :thumbsup:

WELCOME -- From another Pa. Guy, (18848) -- Good luck with The Swinger. -- You will find lots of help, here.

-
Back