REFURBISHING BUCKET SEAT TRACKS

-

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

My 1971 bucket seat tracks need to be refurbished. They work good, but are a little dirty and have a little surface rust. I would like to clean, paint and lube them before installation. Do they need to be disassembled to do this, or can they be done as a unit. Thanks FABO.

Hi Folks

My 1971 bucket seat tracks need to be refurbished. They work good, but are a little dirty and have a little surface rust. I would like to clean, paint and lube them before installation. Do they need to be disassembled to do this, or can they be done as a unit. Thanks FABO.

I took mine apart to do them. Cleaned to bare metal, primed and refinished using multiple coats of Duplicolor semi-gloss Fleet coating. Buy it at Canadian Tire.

This stuff is amazing!.

1714069264560.png

Soaked the tracks in Varsol and used a cleaning brush beforehand which worked great.

1714068848579.png

Use graphite grease to lubricate as the track location is susceptible to dirt and grime.

1714068772884.png

Here's the finished product. Tracks work like new!

1714069476833.png

Could you take, or did you, a closer picture of the Drivers Side track closest to the propeller shaft hump. I'm in need of verifying that the tracks I have are correct. Thanks.

Be careful with the roller trolleys.
Make note or take pics of how they come out.

On a B body track, they are oriented in a specific way.
I believe A body tracks are the same.
The roller is not centered.
If you put the trolleys in backwards, you will lose about 1.5 inches of forward/backward adjustment.

If anyone can confirm, the first photo is of the correct passenger bucket seat inner seat track for an a-body and the second photo is what I believe to be a b-body drivers side seat track. My understanding is the inner bucket seat tracks for an a-body should be a mirror image of each other?

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

-
Back