relocation kit Question ??

-

hotrodhoodlum

X Nostalgia Drag Racer
Reaction score
I just found this article is this true ??

you are trying to gain wheel clearance on an A-body the spring location will not help unless you also plan to mini-tub. The tire size on A-bodies is limited by the inner wheel well not the springs.

spring first then tub...there is some gain with offset shackles and front hangers and more with inboard leafspring kit

The thing you need to remember about moving springs is that it increases body roll on corners. You can make up some of this with a rear sway bar.

Correct to take full advantage of spring relocation mini tub is needed. Not that bad. Can do with basic tools and welder.

I just found this article is this true ??

you are trying to gain wheel clearance on an A-body the spring location will not help unless you also plan to mini-tub. The tire size on A-bodies is limited by the inner wheel well not the springs.

Online article??

I plan on running the MP offset shackle kit that adds approx. 3/4". That's fine for me, and I don't have to mess with the wheelwells.

Installing offset hangers and shackles on an A-body aligns the outside edge of the leaf springs with the factory wheel tubs. This yields an additional 1/2" of tire clearance per side.

Get your offset kit from DR DIFF . it is a great set up!

-
Back