Remove heater blower system.

-

kc0r8y

Reaction score
Hi,
Looking to remove the heater blower everything system out of my 69 Dart. How hard it is to do or can it be done without pulling the Dash? no AC

Thanks

Last edited:
On a non A/C car you do not need to remove the dash, but you do need to remove glove box liner.
That's how I removed entire box from my 68 Barracuda.
One rod inside the vent door, nuts holding blower motor on firewall and the metal piece around hose connections on firewall removed and it should drop out.

On a non A/C car you do not need to remove the dash, but you do need to remove glove box liner.
That's how I removed entire box from my 68 Barracuda.
One rod inside the vent door, nuts holding blower motor on firewall and the metal piece around hose connections on firewall removed and it should drop out.

Great, sounds pretty easy. That will take that while system out?

It should, short of removing cables, controls from the dash, wiring connections.

It should, short of removing cables, controls from the dash, wiring connections.
most of that is already gone.. Will the whole unit drop as one piece? I'm sure the vent on the passenger side will come out but what about drivers side?

Last edited:
Driver side vent is independent. Biggest trick is getting the J bolt out of the pass side vent, which goes clear up and over the lip of the vent. You will need some method of plugging the cowl hole when done, or figure a way to adapt a different vent box. I put an early 'stang vent on the left one of mine because I have the new fuse/ relay/ EFI stuff "up there

The trouble with the pass side is there are no bolt/ nuts associated with the cowl opening

Agree with 67Dart273.
Not sure what others have done to plug the cowl hole on passenger side, but no bolts is an issue.

A piece of cardboard and then some expanding foam insulation.

I got it out. I'll have my buddy make we something to cover the hole. I also realized this was also a AC car.

thanks guys!

1HdPNpNtXQthluuXXmAb9eb6A5hJmBTqYYZGeGkc7ULeotSceQbIJt95RXnOxnaNJjdArSmBAsx58wxcGw=w1131-h848-no.jpg

F5QAmKJTq_tkjoubDCtPiNzVO8WPFagR8fZEg5Sd7o7IMw5JItEsV8JF4Ysw3SMKxS5UVRvQkJDzLpE4yOc=w636-h848-no.jpg

-
Back