removing trim

-

Fstforward

Barracuda Freak
Reaction score
I am about to remove all of the trim from my 64 Barracuda. Well, what's still on the car. I know the wheel opening trim is just screwed on.

My question: There is trim @ the very top of the quarter panels that runs from just behind the doors all of the way back to the taillight assemblies, this chrome is in pretty nice shape, and for what I'm doing, does not need to be restored or re chromed, so I definitely do not want to mess it up in any way. How do I get this trim off of the mounts?? Is there a special tool, does it just come off with a little prying and persuasion????

I can take pics if ya need them

thanks

FF

They are clipped on with a "wavy" clip in most all of the holes, especially the ones you can't reach from inside the trunk. You may find a nut on the end clip closest to the taillight assembly though!! Just take a plastic pry bar and slide it under the trim and pop it up. Check for that nut though!!! You can see the ends of the wavy clips if you look up at the holes for a visual to see what you're up against. You can get them started out the holes by squeezing the ends with a pair of pliers and pushing them up through the holes, then go back topside and use your prybar to finish popping them out. Good luck with your project, Geof

-
Back