Repairing a Cragar SS wheel

-

demon seed

The Original Demon Seed
Reaction score
A few of you out there in Mopar land may recall that last month I was looking for a SBP 15 x 7" Cragar SS to replace a brand new wheel that I had recieved from Cragar-Carlisle that was 1/8" out or round. Anyway Cragar couldn't do anything to help me even though they said they looked everywhere for one. They were prepared to take back the 2 14" and both 15" that I had bought, mind you I would have been out of pocket the $150 for mounting and remounting plus brokerage fees that I paid to get the original wheels from the states.
Anyway, I was recommended a company in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan called Kelvins Tire who actually repairs and warranties damaged Cragar SS wheels. They ended up removing the center aluminum spider from my wheel and rewelding it to a brand new steel rim in a centering jig. Apparently these guys purchase the outer steel rim from the same company as Cragar-Carlisle but obviously take a ton more pride in the assembly and welding process because I did a dial indicator runout of this puppy and it's only out .005". Anyone interested their number is 306-382-8077.

demon seed, glad to hear you got that wheel business straightened out - pun intended. :) Those guys in Saskabush sound like they really know their business and do some good work. I'm just about exactly 1/2 way between Calgary and Saskatoon so I'll have to see if they can do some work to get 15" outers put on my 14" SBP ralleys. I really like my wheels, but I sure would like to be able to keep the small bolt pattern and still have the tire choices available with the 15" as compared to 14's. Thanks for the info. :thumblef:

-
Back