repairing convertible rear side panels

-

plugger340

Reaction score
Is it possible to repair side panels that are missing pieces? I don't have an old panel otherwise I'd splice into the damaged area. Would an epoxy like JB Weld work?

Attachments

• Panel2a.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Panel3a.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 125
Is it possible to repair side panels that are missing pieces? I don't have an old panel otherwise I'd splice into the damaged area. Would an epoxy like JB Weld work?
are these plastics panels, like next to the rear passenger in an a body? if so I'm not sure that you want to use j/b weld, at least not the metal epoxy (i'm not sure if j/b has plastic epoxy??). If they are plastic try to find a good 2 part plastic epoxy. I've made heater box repairs with Maxim plastic repair system which is a super fast urethane 2 part. I was able to fill a hole, sand it, drill it etc, with phenomenal strength. best of all it's black and paintable.

I've used a two part epoxy called aquastik that may work for you. I have not used it in this application but have in many others and it is very versatile. If that doesn't work for you then go old school with fiberglass cloth and resin. Gregg

Thanks, I also talked to davescuda and he said that I could build up the damaged area with a slurry made by melting some plastic in acetone.

-
Back